Handstop

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Berry

Handstop

Post by Berry »

What is the best handstop to use in 3-position and prone shooting? I was thinking about the MEC Stop or the one from Stopper. Please give your comments! Thanks!
berrykooiman-at-hotmail.com.41168.0
Raymac

Re: Handstop

Post by Raymac »

Find one that is round and not "V" shaped, find one that has a fairly large diameter [1" to 1-1/2" dia.] and find one that has a lever operated release so that it can be adjusted by the left hand without disturbing your shooting position. If you can shoot without a handstop at all.....so much the better.

mcdougall.imports-at-shaw.ca.41208.41168
Ken J

Re: Handstop

Post by Ken J »

I've got to disagree with you Ray, my experience has found that the smaller the handstop, the less the pressure on the forward hand. I've experimented with many handstops over the years and have found true to be the smaller the better. I use a stripped Anschutz handstop. That means I only use the accessory mounting bar in the guts of the normal Anschutz handstop. I have no hand pressure, no hand pain, no problem. As you increase the size of the forward contact area of the handstop, you increase the pressure on the hand. Seems that with the small handstop, the pressure is transferred away from the forward part of the hand onto the palm. Try it, you'll like it.

: Find one that is round and not "V" shaped, find one that has a fairly large diameter [1" to 1-1/2" dia.] and find one that has a lever operated release so that it can be adjusted by the left hand without disturbing your shooting position. If you can shoot without a handstop at all.....so much the better.