Olympic Rapid Fire Match in Northern VA

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark P.

Olympic Rapid Fire Match in Northern VA

Post by Mark P. »

How many people would be willing to compete in an Olympic Rapid Fire Match in Alexandria, Virginia? (northern VA/DC area)
Mike McDaniel

When and where?

Post by Mike McDaniel »

If it isn't in conflict with the MLAIC Pacific Zones of the N-SSa Nationals, sign me up.

HMSLion-at-aol.com.41015.41013
Mark P.

Re: When and where?

Post by Mark P. »

Time and place to be determined. It would probably be on a week night after work from 5-9pm. Ideally it would be a monthly match with about 20-30 shooters. Entry fee would be about $10-20. Right now, I'm just trying to gauge interest. If enough people are serious about participating, I might be able to set something up.
: If it isn't in conflict with the MLAIC Pacific Zones of the N-SSa Nationals, sign me up.

PETE

Re: Olympic Rapid Fire Match in Northern VA

Post by PETE »

It is a little far from Richmond, VA but I could & would consider it on a weekend.

: How many people would be willing to compete in an Olympic Rapid Fire Match in Alexandria, Virginia? (northern VA/DC area)

hank hannah

Post by hank hannah »

I have a friend back that way who is interested. Please post details here when you know them.
thanks...Hank
: How many people would be willing to compete in an Olympic Rapid Fire Match in Alexandria, Virginia? (northern VA/DC area)

hankhan-at-hotmail.com.41035.41013
Stan Pace

Post by Stan Pace »

Mark,
Let me know if you ever get this together. Maybe I'll ride up there with Pete.
I think you are more likely to see significant entries in this match if and when the ISSF converts it to Standard Pistol specs. There are just a lot more standard pistols around than legit RF pistols.
However, there's nothing to stop current SP users from shooting against purpose-built RF pistols. And, I'd bet some standard pistols (and their users) would hold their own in a local RF match. My Pardini SP sure doesn't recoil much.

paces-at-widomaker.com.41083.41013
Mark P.

Post by Mark P. »

What I envision wouldn't be strictly to ISSF rules anyway. I was thinking of using IPSC timers and fixed targets. Either a combined .22short and .22lr class or a separate class for each would be workable. Personally, I was planning on shooting with my SP.
Still, after all the whining about RF dying because of a lack of places to shoot, it's pretty sad that when an opportunity presents itself in a major metropolitan area, we can only scrape together about 3-4 shooters.
: Mark,
: Let me know if you ever get this together. Maybe I'll ride up there with Pete.
: I think you are more likely to see significant entries in this match if and when the ISSF converts it to Standard Pistol specs. There are just a lot more standard pistols around than legit RF pistols.
: However, there's nothing to stop current SP users from shooting against purpose-built RF pistols. And, I'd bet some standard pistols (and their users) would hold their own in a local RF match. My Pardini SP sure doesn't recoil much.

Matt Summers

Post by Matt Summers »

Make that 4-5 shooters... I could be induced to bring out my .22 for some rapid fire... now to find a place to practice...
-Matt Summers
Alexandria, VA but at Ft. Benning next week :)

: Still, after all the whining about RF dying because of a lack of places to shoot, it's pretty sad that when an opportunity presents itself in a major metropolitan area, we can only scrape together about 3-4 shooters.

Stan Pace

Post by Stan Pace »

: What I envision wouldn't be strictly to ISSF rules anyway. I was thinking of using IPSC timers and fixed targets. Either a combined .22short and .22lr class or a separate class for each would be workable. Personally, I was planning on shooting with my SP.
Mark,
Actually, USA Shooting amended their rules this January, and they now allow "audio start and stop signals" per USA rule 8.6.4.5.1A. My interpretation is that RF (and Std and CF) matches can now be run using stationary targets and timers with audio signals. This avoids the necessity of turning targets. The lights, apparently, are only allowed with electronic targets.
You might want to contact the Competitions folks to verify this.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Add me to the list. I've been looking for this event since I moved to the DC area. I shoot the OSP match.
: Make that 4-5 shooters... I could be induced to bring out my .22 for some rapid fire... now to find a place to practice...
: -Matt Summers
: Alexandria, VA but at Ft. Benning next week :)

: : Still, after all the whining about RF dying because of a lack of places to shoot, it's pretty sad that when an opportunity presents itself in a major metropolitan area, we can only scrape together about 3-4 shooters.

tlow-at-umbc.edu.41242.41103