Feinwerkbau 103 pellet preference?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Re: Feinwerkbau 103 pellet preference?

Post by Rover »

With the scores you have posted, your pellet choice should be the LAST thing you should be looking at.

Maybe when you start hitting the 560's or 570's.
PeeWeeDaddy

Post by PeeWeeDaddy »

Who are your referring too?
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
spektr

Post by spektr »

All my SSP guns seem to shoot best using Vogel Orange pellets. They have very thin skirts and seem to use the limited air very efficiently by sealing very well. Podium now manufactures them. They are different and out of different dies than their match pellets.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

PeeWeeDaddy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:13 am Who are your referring too?
Regardless of who our resident curmudgeon is referring to, pellet tests that he's posted references to indicate that some pellets are so bad that they're likely to have a negative impact on any shooter.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
Rover

Post by Rover »

Actually, some of the scores posted here are so bad that ANY pellet would be satisfactory. Any pellet tests that I have posted show decent results.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

Rover wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:02 pm Actually, some of the scores posted here are so bad that ANY pellet would be satisfactory. Any pellet tests that I have posted show decent results.
Bad as they might be, perhaps they're having fun. Sometimes the process is more important than the result.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I think all of us have more fun when we shoot well. When you can't break 500, your focus needs to be on developing your shooting skills, not obsessing about the "best" pellet for your pistol. Find some RWS Basic's, and work on your shot process.