KK300 Trigger Adjustment

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

greentangerine

KK300 Trigger Adjustment

Post by greentangerine »

Is there an article that explains what exactly adjusting the six screws on the trigger achieves in simple terms? I've spent a few days exploring/researching what might be causing the issue I describe below without success hence this post.

I've got the user manual and have also seen the document on the Pilkguns site but am still struggling with what the real world effect of each is.

The main reason I ask is because occasionally my rifle will fire unexpectedly when on target.

I've been shooting a Steyr LP2 AP for over 10 years and am well aware of the alleged benefits of 'unexpected release' but with my rifle it's more like the first stage decided it didn't want to be involved in that particular shot i.e. it seems like it went AWOL and the squeeze goes straight to the second stage and bang. Maybe it's just me but most of the time I can take up the first stage, feel it obviously hit the second stage and then either proceed to release the round or abort - when it takes me by surprise, it just seems to fire straight away.

Any and all suggestions welcome!
Modena

Re: KK300 Trigger Adjustment

Post by Modena »

If you have the user manual, it shows you in there and says exactly which screw does what.
KH250

Post by KH250 »

Are you saying the trigger moves to the rear, and has the normal weight of the first stage and travel. Plus when you get to where the second stage should be you do not feel the second stage before it discharges. In this case screw E needs a small clockwise adjustment. Your sear engagement may have marginal engagement or as Walther put too "dry". On two of my pistols trying to get too crisp a release led to the second stage disappearing intermittently. You end up with a 400 gram roll off trigger rather than a 1kg two stage one.

Or the rifle discharges on the very first movement of the trigger before it has even reached the normal location of the second stage. In this case I have no idea.
greentangerine

Post by greentangerine »

Thanks for that; it's the first scenario. I'll try your adjustment suggestion.

Cheers
greentangerine

Post by greentangerine »

Update.

I screwed in 'E' by half a turn i.e. clockwise and the problem seems to have been solved.

Many thanks.
greentangerine

Post by greentangerine »

As an update, the behaviour I had three years back is returning i.e. basically a single stage trigger on some shots - time to screw 'E' back in a bit I suspect.

I'm guessing that it's wear as I think I put nail varnish on the screw last time to prevent any movement.