The 2019 Georgia Regional, April 27-28

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

H_T_Davis

The 2019 Georgia Regional, April 27-28

Post by H_T_Davis »

Hello All,

Please find attached the Shooter Program for the 2019 Georgia Regional, April 27-28, 2019. Registration is open and early registration is encouraged. Remember, priority is given by date of registration. Even if you elect not to register early, drop me an email if you are planning on coming.

The Regional will be held at River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, GA. This is the same site as last year’s match. The NRA published an different location, but the match is in DAWSONVILLE.

I will post further developments and information to this thread as necessary. My contact information is included in the Shooter Program.

See you soon,
Tom Davis
H_T_Davis

March 11 Update

Post by H_T_Davis »

Hi all,

The 2019 Georgia Regional (officially, THE 2019 LT COL ART ROZIER / LT JOSEPH HELTON MEMORIAL REGIONAL PRECISION PISTOL OUTDOOR TOURNAMENT, or LCAR/LJHMRPPOT for short) looms on your shooting calendars a mere 7 weekends away. There are a few developments that we’d like to report.

Response has been substantial, with approximately 50 of the 56 firing points spoken for already (though not all of these have registered and sent in their fees). If you intend to come and have not let me know, please do so as soon as you can so that I can pencil you in. Better yet, send in your registration form and fees and guarantee your spot, as well as relay choice. Remember, if you have to cancel after you’ve paid, we just give you your money back – all of it.

If you have sent in your Form and Fees and have NOT received a confirmation email from me, please let me know.

The Stephen Price Social Hour(s) will be held on Saturday night at the Williamson Brothers BBQ in Canton (about 30 minutes from the range), just off I-575. This is just an informal gathering to socialize with no scoring and/or challenges. We hope that any and all shooters (along with anyone they are traveling with) will stop by. They don’t serve just BBQ Pork – they also offer BBQ Ribs, BBQ Chicken, BBQ Brisket, BBQ Beef and a BBQ Burger - Something for Everyone! Ok, ok, they have a few other things as well, but mainly they have beer and wine and BBQ! Remember, this is BYOW (Bring your own wallet!). You can look at the menu at their website.

If there was one thing that Art Rozier loved, it was Free Scotch, but he liked Free Pistol a lot too. I’ve felt guilty about cancelling it from the moment the words left my mouth, SO, on Friday morning, before the practice session begins, there will be a friendly Free Pistol match at the range (assuming that I can get the gate opened early). We’ll shoot at 50 yards on B-19s. I have about 60, so depending on the number of shooters, we’ll put about 20 shots per target and shoot in time blocks, with additional time granted as necessary. I’ll see if I can come up with something for a fun prize. There will be no fees for the shooters, but I’m going to shoot, so you can prepare your protests in advance. For anyone interested, drop me an email so I can gauge interest.

Lastly, we went to great lengths to try to bring the costs of shooting Service Pistol and .22 Rimfire matches back down to the point that already Distinguished shooters would be interested in participating again. We figured FREE was the best price point, so that’s what we’re charging. Now it’s true, you have to participate in the Prize Pool, and that costs $10, but the prize is awarded by random drawing, and we put in the full $10 for each shooter. If you simply buy the Tournament package for $150, we put $10 for you into all 3 pools AND give you a $5 entry into the Silhouette Match for only $20 over the 2700 fee. Even if you don’t shoot the NMCs, you end up with discounted entries into 3 prize pools, and if you actually shoot in the NMCs, you’ll be eligible for the Paul Parrish prizes as well.

We’re the second SOBS match this year – the first is the Dixie Match, the first weekend in April. Ted and Sue would be glad to see you and I think it would be a swell way to warm up for our match. And don’t forget to use any vouchers/coupons you may have won last year.

Regards,
Tom Davis
H_T_Davis

The 2019 Georgia Regional Results

Post by H_T_Davis »

The file size limitations imposed by TargetTalk.org are too draconian to allow me to attach the 591 KB results .pdf. Shooters interested in the results may find them at the Bullseye-L board on the Announcements page.

Regards,
Tom Davis