Anschutz Fortner 1827 dry fire donut

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

sal571

Anschutz Fortner 1827 dry fire donut

Post by sal571 »

Hello. The other day I was doing some dry fire training, I forgot to take out the donut the morning of the race, however my rifle fired no problem! Should this have happened given that the donut was still in the bolt?
Thank you for any information / input.
sal571

Re: Anschutz Fortner 1827 dry fire donut

Post by sal571 »

Almost 250 views and not 1 response. It there another forum that someone could recommend where I might get some answers.
Thank you.
pcw

Post by pcw »

I didn't think the rifle would fire with the donut in, nice to know it can rather than find out the hard way. That is the problem with the donut, it takes time to put in and take out. For me it always seems that which ever state the rifle is in, I want it to be in the other. Algus Shalna, one of the national youth coaches, told me not to use the donut and just replace my firing pin once a year. So I dry fire with out the donut unless I know I'm not going to the range for a while.

If you find some other source for information, please let me know. I have a bunch of questions I would like to ask.

Cheers, PCW
Krenovian

Post by Krenovian »

Late to the party but yes, most 1827’s will fire with the donut in place. I’ve seen one that wouldn’t. The danger of leaving the donut in for a race is that it may break during a shooting bout causing the firing pin to bind creating light strikes or no strike. If that happens there goes your race. I routinely leave the donut in for live fire practice and have broken two of them which rendered the rifle inoperable.
Rolltide

Post by Rolltide »

Just confirming, because I believe the bolt is the same, but will the dry fire donut work in the 1727 as well?