Art Rozier

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

H_T_Davis

Art Rozier

Post by H_T_Davis »

Art Rozier, a dear friend to so many of us, passed away suddenly yesterday. I am sorry to bring such tragic news. I will post more information as it becomes available.
w4ti

Re: Art Rozier

Post by w4ti »

Art was a fine gentleman! I shot next to him at my first match a couple years ago and he just had a great spirit, calm, and funny. Shot with him again this year, and went to that match with you, Tom, back in October that he called. Who knew it'd be the last time I'd see him walking on the earth...

He did a lot for junior shooters, and always was trying to get new folks to come out and shoot. His enthusiasm was infectious and he made everyone feel welcome.

The world is a little less classy without him.

-Chase
H_T_Davis

Update on Art Rozier

Post by H_T_Davis »

Art's relatives have made the decision to have him cremated and to take him back to North Carolina. No decision has been made on a funeral service. The school where he taught, Monroe Area High School, is planning to have a memorial service for him, but the dates have not been set.
H_T_Davis

Re: Art Rozier

Post by H_T_Davis »

There will be a graveside service for Art on Saturday, January 19 at the Gardens of Faith cemetery in Lumberton, NC at 11:00am. Family and friends are welcome.

In lieu of flowers and cards, the family has requested that donations be made to the Lt. Helton Memorial Foundation (https://ltheltonfoundation.ngpvanhost.com/donate). As many of you know, Art was a major supporter of the Helton Foundation, with whom he worked on a number of events (including the Regional), and he'd be most pleased and proud to be remembered this way.
H_T_Davis

Georgia Memorial Service

Post by H_T_Davis »

There will be a Memorial Service for Art on Sunday, January 27 at 3:00pm at the Grace Baptist Church in Monroe GA. The address for the church is 1025 East Spring Street, Monroe, GA 30655, the phone number is 770/266-1013. In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations be made to the Lt. Helton Memorial Foundation.