Pardini GT9

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

SixtyLion

Pardini GT9

Post by SixtyLion »

Greetings,

Happy New Year! I am planning on purchasing Pardini GT9 pistol and using it for Bullseye and PPC style competitions both with red-dot and iron sights. I was wondering what do you guys think about this pistol, any particular quirks and features? Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, I would really like to get some input from Pardini owners. Thank you very much!!!
croesler

Re: Pardini GT9

Post by croesler »

I can tell you the GT 45 is an awesome pistol, super accurate, and the service from Pardini USA is out of this world good. The hand-grip is large but manageable. I had a short-pull trigger installed, and like it even better now!
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I owned and cried when I sold my GT45 due to the boxy grip (for double stack magazine). The large grip was uncomfortable for me in the off-hand shooting done in Precision Pistol. Not an issue if you have large mitts. The GT9 has a smaller frame and both models have the best trigger you will ever feel on a centerfire auto. The 45 was accurate at 50 yards and I imagine the GT 9 is as well. Enjoy. Dipnet
J

Post by J »

For me, this was a field use gun, not competition target. The main quirk was that chambering of the next round is quite sensitive to the ammunition recoil and therefore, to recoil spring rate. There are (or were) 3 tensions available, and depending on the ammunition used, a variety or secondary springs may be needed. Was quite good, especially using a 6" barrel in the 5" slide which was better than with the 5" barrel in the 5" slide. First shot inaccuracy also was quite good (minimal), compared to others like the SIG P210. Accuracy was slightly better than the JSL Spitfire short barrel, but I have not compared it to the long barrel version of that gun. The degree of improvement over the Spitfire (approx 3.3" bbl) was less than should have occurred, which suggests possible accuracy flaws in the Pardini. The grip size is a bit large for 9mm, and the angle slope may require some adaptation. The trigger adjustment is a nice feature.

Iron sight use only, so no comment on red dot.