how loud is a Steyr LP50 HighPower versus a standard model?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

pilkguns
Site Admin

how loud is a Steyr LP50 HighPower versus a standard model?

Post by pilkguns »

a little sound comparison

https://youtu.be/D7BscdtNrpE
Vagrouser

Re: how loud is a Steyr LP50 HighPower versus a standard mod

Post by Vagrouser »

Hi, I was the one who called to ask about the noise difference. Thanks for going way above and beyond to shoot video. Great customer service!

For anyone else interested and able to give me their informed opinion, I’m a novice interested in shooting metallic silhouette in my yard. I own and appreciate fine firearms and am looking for something a step up from an HW 75. I also have an IZH46M. I realize I will wring only a fraction of the gun’s ability.

My research has me interested in the Steyr lp 50. As I already have a couple of single shots, the 5-shot ability of the semiauto is appealing. Since my range is outside and I may build to 46 yards (combined air rifle) I thought the HP version might help with more knock down power and any breezes. I do have neighbors though and trying to be discrete.

Based on the above video showing the HP to be appreciably louder, my understanding that the compact version doesn’t give up much velocity to the standard length and has more forgiving sight picture, I’m leaning toward a standard/non hp compact lp50. May ask to spec the Universal grip (for 2 hand hold) and narrower 2.5 mm front sight (subtends smaller amount of target at 18y plus).

Feedback appreciated. Thanks!