Pardini HP .32 S&W LWC FACTORY AMMO

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bsp001

Pardini HP .32 S&W LWC FACTORY AMMO

Post by bsp001 »

Hi to everyone!

I am starting a new thread as the old one on Pardini HP ammo included both .32 calibers as well as lots of info on reloading.

I was wondering what .32 S&W LWC factory ammo works best in your Pardini HP.

I have tried Magtech, Geco and Lapua (98) and Lapua seems to work the best, with Geco in the second place and Magtech in the third place due to fliers.

Your experience?

All the best,

B.
fc60

Re: Pardini HP .32 S&W LWC FACTORY AMMO

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The Pardini HP has a groove diameter of 0.313"-0.314". The new barrels have "choke" applied at the muzzle to a diameter of 0.312".

Lapua commercial has usually shot well.

None of the commercial ammo I am aware of utilizes a bullet of 0.314" diameter.

Excellent results can be obtained with the use of handloaded ammo. Sadly, no one in the USA offer a quality 0.314" HBWC bullet.

Bear in mind that most commercially loaded HBWC ammo is focused on the 25M shooting.

You mention Geco, are you located in Europe? Please edit your profile to reflect where you are.

By the way, all my testing is based on 50 yards as this is the distance we, in the USA, shoot the Slow Fire portion of the matches.

Cheers,

Dave
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

During several decades i have used .32 S&WL WC from more producers: Lapua (98 gns), Sako (98 gns) (Lapua-made bullets?), Geco (98 and 103 gns), Fiocchi (98 gns) and Norma (98 gns). Best results with Norma factory ammo. During the years I have used Walther GSP, FAS, Morini (short-lived) and Pardini.
I think Norma offered a 84 gns load too, for a while.
Fiocchi less than satisfactory, probably in part due to the low velocity of that factory ammo.

Many years ago Norma sold 98 gn .314" LWC- bullets in bulk, 1000 count a box. It`s a pity they no longer do. Got a couple of boxes from Scandinavia back then.
I do not favor the Lapua bullets for reloading, due to the messy lube.

I consider H&N bullets the best for reloading the .32 S&WLWC. I prefer the non-coated varieties av those bullets.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings Northpaw,

Interesting comment on the Fiocchi ammo.

I have several lots of Fiocchi and the velocities range from 590FPS to 730FPS.

Some lots shot exceptionally well.

Also, I agree that the HN& Match Greased bullets are hard to beat for accuracy. Sadly, the availability in the USA has gone away.

Cheers,

Dave
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

Nowadays fiocchi bounces back from sius targets. If they hit.
But the old ones, before gzg, were good.
Larry Wilkins

Post by Larry Wilkins »

After many years with the Walther 32 I found that the best at 25m was Lapua with hollow base bullet.
Luckly I had a Team member who cast bullets as a hobby and he made a mold with hollow base matching the Lapua factory load in 314Dia.
Again, Lapua brass is soft and care should be sure the front of the chamber has a slight radius.
Cheers
Nothing new under the sun
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

In my Pardini at 25y, I have good luck with both Lapua and Fiocchi, have not tried other factory ammo. I didn't have particular;ar;y good results with either at 50y in my Ransom Rest. Maybe the 10 ring or so.

Pretty much the same results in my GSP and my MP90.

With reloads, I have pretty good luck at 25 with the all the swaged HBWC, but no success with any cast bullets I have tried.

At 50y, I have had pretty good results using the .314 H&N bullets, as well as nearly the same results with re-swaged Speer Plinker bullets ('bumped" to match the size and appearance of the H&N). Both will hold the X ring in the RR.

I have a new Matchgun MG4 which I hope to test this Friday. It has a smaller dimeter barrel (.312 I think?), but with the same slow twist as the Pardini/GSP/Benelli). Will be curious to see how the Plinker reloads will shoot at 50 in it?