Pardini USA physical store

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Emmett

Pardini USA physical store

Post by Emmett »

Hi everyone. At the risk of displaying my ignorance, I feel compelled to tell/warn anyone that is in the Tampa area for a while and feels like stopping by the Pardini USA site, that the address on their web site is not their actual location. That address is just the FFL they use to send NFA items to/from. Ok, I did not call anyone, but in my defense that address is on their web site as well as anywhere someone could search on google.
The employees told me that they get folks periodically dropping by to see the Pardini shop, so I’m not the first.
Rats. Wasted morning. Hope y’all don’t waste your time like this. Call them first and ask where they are located, or better yet, communicate via email.

Regards,
Emmett
sparky

Re: Pardini USA physical store

Post by sparky »

Do they have an actual shop?
Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote »

Yes, but you have to call and make an appointment.
Emmett

Post by Emmett »

At the expense of angering some folks on this forum, I need to vent a little about this subject. I’ve been thinking about my “visit” for a few days and it kind of makes me mad that Pardini advertises a specific address when they don’t actually work there. There are pictures of them with high level shooters in what people would think is their facility. However, in actuality, that is the gun range they use for FFL purposes. The actual gun range doesn’t have a large Pardini sign in it and no one there even knows about Pardini. There is no mention on their web page or their invoices that suggests they are located anywhere except at the gun range. There is no mention of calling for an appointment or any other services. I am 50% getting emails answered and I’ve never had a phone get answered. Granted I’ve only phoned twice. I’m getting the impression that they cater to an elite shooter community of which I am not a member. They are more than willing to take our money but that’s where the service stops. That’s evident in my shop visit debacle. I’m sure others have better success than I have had, but I’m a little PO’d about this. This comes on the heels of a crappy .32 that I paid a lot of money. I know for a fact that my model 41 with the Clark barrel will shoot as good as my Pardini .22 so it won’t take much of a push for me to sell, or shelve, my Pardini equipment. I’m sure they won’t lose any sleep over that, but customer service makes a big difference for me. I deal with customers and customer service every day at work and I expect customer service from the companies I choose to work. Yes, I’m a bit miffed about this.
Rover

Post by Rover »

But, but, but...everyone on here loves Pardini.
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

I've found the folks at Pardini USA to be good at returning phone calls, which some places never do.

Get a Hammerli and try calling Larry.
Leadbelly

Post by Leadbelly »

Thanks for the information. We need more of our readers helping each other out. If I am going to spend 2K on a pistol, I will research it like crazy, shoot one and talk to as many people as possible before I spend my hard earned money. THANKS AGAIN.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Greetings-

Pardini is the company and Pardini USA is a distributor.

My experience has been different. I have never had any problem contacting Pardini USA. In fact, they often email me while they are on the road in other countries, for matches. I have worked with Vladimir, Alexander, Karen, and Emil over the years. (Not sure if Emil is still part of Pardini USA since he is now at Ohio State.)

Pardini USA and I have worked through several issues together via email that, I must say, were often resolved amicably in my favor.

Right now they are working on a pistol for me, and we have communicated regularly about the progress of the repair. I recommend them as a reputable business.

As far as a store front, the sales of Pardini pistols in the US are limited to a small group of competitors. I think it has been pointed out, in many other posts, that the number of people interested in our sport is small and only so many air pistols, 22/32 target pistols and specialty, top shelf, 9mm's and 45's can and will be bought. One piece of evidence for this is the declining attendance at Camp Perry each year. I wonder if a store front that has regular business hours is even viable, given the minimal nature of the Pardini clientele?

At any rate, I certainly understand the frustration of going someplace excited, and being disappointed. In fact, I thought about stopping at the Pardini FL store in February just to say hello, and now I am glad I did not. I will stop in and see them at Camp Perry in July.

Cheers!
m1963
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I live about 2.5 hours from Tampa and visited their affiliated store (Shooting Sports) to buy my Pardini. It's a local gun store that they sell guns from but it is not a "Pardini" store and it does have Pardini stock on hand (they did have some used Pardinis when I visited). I called ahead, my pistol was waiting for me, I picked it up, wife drove home while I salivated. Since, I've simply bought guns and had them shipped to local FFL where I fill out paper work and pick them up. Except for when Alexander, Vladimir, or Emil are at matches, their service is excellent, better than any gun manufacturer I've ever dealt with. dipnet
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

As far r customer service, Vlad, Emil, and Alex have all helped me with a 22 that was imported by Nygord before Alex was even born. They keep a good stock of parts for newer and older pistols. They always return my phone calls and in the Grand scheme of serious shooting, I am a nobody. I shot my first 10x clean with the Pardini, and consider it perhaps the most accurate 22 I own. Using Eley, RWS or Norma ammunition I have never had an Alibi.

I’m sure that you can sell your Pardinis very quickly if they are not the guns for you.

Mike
dronning

Post by dronning »

+1 on their service being excellent!
They answered my many questions before I ordered and paid in full for a new 6" Bullseye 22 that was out of stock and several were already on order with Italy. Unfortunately it ended up taking Italy longer than expected to ship, all the while they kept me up date with the status on communications from Italy. When I found what I wanted for immediate sale they pleasantly refunded my money without question (I wanted the pistol in time for an upcoming match). I have since ordered a spare parts kit and an extra mag from them and the order was processed and shipped the same day.

I can't say enough good things about them.

Fantastic gun too!
- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Wsuman

Post by Wsuman »

I’m another big fan.

They’ve been great at returning emails, despite big travel schedules to support the sport.

They answer and return calls, as well.

The store in Tampa is a misdirection from expectations, but I set an appointment with Vladimir and had my SP22 grip fit to my hand.

I opted for a Rink replacement and I bet he spent close to 2 hours on fitting. I don’t think he charged me more than the price of the grip, if he did it was minimal.

Their operation is functional, not a showroom. Lower your expectations for a carpeted and glistening Italian storefront. They cater to competitive shooters, Olympians to weekenders.

Their products are magnificent, service and support tremendous and the shop is...a shop.

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath. If the pistol is right for you, who cares what their store in Tampa looks like?

If it isn’t, and you want to shop in a nice room, go to Scottsdale guns, or The Range in Austin. Frankly, my kitchen and an iPad works fine.

Walt
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

+1 on service experience, even after
I purchased a used pistol and not a
new one, which I inquired about first.
Karen has returned every call and
every email. Alex has emailed me
several times, from World Cup venues
where, I am sure he had more pressing
issues on his mind..