New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
aspan76

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by aspan76 »

Hi. Recently I have done my own review on Morini CM200EI. Unfortunately, I cannot upload the video here so, provide a Facebook link. This is my first and most likely the last review so, please, don't give me advice on how to make a proper review - I will not be able to use them ;-)
https://www.facebook.com/dina.aspandiya ... 5179368134
poots

Post by poots »

Hi all,

I need some help with my morini cm200ei.

When I pull the cocking lever, a dry fire sounding click will happen. It is occuring more and more frequently now.

Any suggestions what part to check or clean or change?

I have a video of how the weird click sounds like but I can't seem to attach the video.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

MikeCM200 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:39 am Hi guys, Bonjour from Paris.

I was reading most of your replies and feedback on the Morini CM200ei, and as a previous owner of a Steyr LP1, i was pretty anxious about moving from Steyr to Morini, especially when we look at the cost of that pistol (2000 euro).
After reading a few feeback from sites all over the world, I decided to make the big jump and i went crazy and baught that Morini CM200.

I must confess that i have been shooting with my Steyr LP1 for more than 10 years and I really enjoyed it. Look at a LP1 and at a LP10, there are of course improvements but the LP1 is not so old fashioned anyway! it still looks good!

as many people say, if you got cash to spend, and wanna treat yourself, you can look at an Evo10 or the Morini CM200ei.
I can't tell what made me jump from Steyr (which I love) to the Morini one: totally unknown, but that being said, I did it!!

a couple days after i received it, the shooting clubs got locked down with this crazy pandemic and so i have only been able to shoot about a hundred pellets, not more!!! i am so frustrated. i have been waiting for months before buying it and when i finally made up my mind, i can't use it and gotta wait for September for the club to re-open.

All i can say is that the pistol is every smooth, the trigger is amazing.
the grip, medium size from Morini doesn't fit my hand, although my Steyr (M size grip) was just perfect. the M size Morini is jsut too big. I would need Small size.
i decided to spend some more euros and went with a Rink grip, M size. It does fit differently, but in a very good way. the settings to adjust your hand are much much better, like you can adjust it millimeter per millimeter.

as some say, the cable provided with the gun is useless. i like doing dry shooting with that Morini as all you have to do is put the trigger ON and that's it. dry shoooooot...

I'll try to give my impressions as soon as i go back to the club and will try to compare with my Steyr.
I know it is a tough one when you wanna purchase a new pistol and there is no feedback anywhere.

For now, i have no regrets. i have good sensations with that Morini and I'll soon be up to speed with it.

I'll put some pictures of it. It is such a lovely air pistol.

thanks guys

PS: excuse me if my English is not perfect, it is not my mother tongue :)

Hi Mike..

Is that an after market grip you have with your pistol that is in the black photo..?
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

Sorry Mike.. please disregard my last question. I didnt read the thread before asking so I do apologize.

All black with the different cylinders looks awesome!!
gunbreaker

Post by gunbreaker »

Hey guys!
After all the crying I’ve noticed in this thread how many satisfied cm200 Ei users are still active here? :)
Today my very first airpistol, the cm200 Ei titanium, arrived and I am already satisfied with its feel and look to me. More I can’t tell yet

Best regards
Regards
Andre
Dcforman

Post by Dcforman »

Quite happy with mine. I've probably got somewhere between 12K and 15K pellets through the barrel. No issues at all. I would certainly purchase again!

Dave
gunbreaker

Post by gunbreaker »

Dcforman wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:07 pm Quite happy with mine. I've probably got somewhere between 12K and 15K pellets through the barrel. No issues at all. I would certainly purchase again!

Dave
Hey Dave, and thanks for your reply!
I am very glad to hear that, can’t wait for Tuesday to go test this beauty out for the very first time.
Regards
Andre
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

I have been a Morini guy for about 20 years by now. I switched from a 162EI to a 200EI about four years ago. Since then I also tried out a Steyr EVO10 E and Feinwerkbau P8X with with fully customized grips and everything, since I figured a long time experiment is the only way to actually decide out which one is better for me. I still have those and use them for training purposes.

After some initial setup I quickly achieved similar scores with all models and would be comfortable competing with all of them. However I still default to the CM200 for competitions. That may just be a familiarity thing. I also like not having the absorber. The absorber pistols feel very clinical while the CM200 provides more "feedback" for lack of a better word.
1066les

Post by 1066les »

I have had a Morini CM162EI and a CM200EI, but I couldn't get along with either of them. They had medium grips, which always seemed to be too large for my hands, so I ordered a small Rink grip for the CM162EI. It made a bit of a difference, but not much. I never felt comfortable with the balance of the pistols, and the lack of decent adjustments for the grips didn't help. The triggers were nice on both pistols, though.

I've ended up with a P8X, and the first time that I used it I knew it was what I needed all along.

It's a pity about the Morini's, though, because they were really nice pistols.
schauckis

Post by schauckis »

Excellent forum and the BEST info regarding the CM200!

What is the weight of the CM200 air cylinder?
And that of the 162?
And that of the 162 short?
Is there a weight difference between the electronic and analogue gauge cylinders? If so, how much?

Though the CM162 short is 40mm shorter than the full length version, the Morini brochure claims but 50g weight difference. Is this really so?
Could be as the Steyr Evo10 short/standard differences are 50mm and 67g.
Pardini claims 35mm and 130g but for the K12 Basic/J the same 35mm difference in length but no weight difference...

I have understood the 162 and 200 air cylinders are interchangeable. Are they?

Regards,
- Lars/Finland
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The weight difference will be small. You are talking about adding a short length of hollow aluminum tubing to go from short to full length. Most of the weight is in the ends.
schauckis

Post by schauckis »

Update to my own question. The weight difference of a Pardini K2S Air short/long air tube is 42g.
The long is 206g and the short one 164g.
Interesting if 40mm of barrel only weighs 10g.

Little it may be but it is at the very tip of the gun and thus its effect is quite significant.

- Lars/Finland
schauckis

Post by schauckis »

I'll answer my own question.
Since I took delivery of the CM200El yesterday, I took it to the range today.
The short cylinder weighs a mere 10g less than the long one.

- Lars/Finland
Victrix65

Post by Victrix65 »

kevinweiho wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:12 pm
    ChipEck wrote: I know others have mentioned the plastic trigger guard on the Morini, but it really annoys me. Aluminum, or carbon fiber would have been great...but PLASTIC? Ugh.
    Since the trigger guard is not a high stressed area, plastic is ideal, (an aluminum or carbon fiber trigger guard would have jacked up the price) but you’d expect more build quality coming from “Swiss made” craftsmanship…
    Regarding the very high price of the Morini: in Switzerland the salaries are very high for the European average, about double, so a minimum of 5000 francs up to 8000 for a basic or specialized worker. The gun is objectively very beautiful, unacceptable the non-regulation of the trigger, but in the end the doubt that you don't have what you pay for remains.
    Victrix65

Post by Victrix65 »

Sulla wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:53 pm
    Christopher Miceli wrote:It is an LED, light emitting diode, so it lights up. a random function on an air pistol attached to a light...come on now.... how hard would it be to think a little.

The red light on the cable illuminates when the circuit blocks the firing (randomly) meaning random ?? .... honestly.....its a silly feature which doesn't provide any value i think. Reason being is you keep pulling the trigger weight past the break point you just don't hear the click. It does not provide the feedback a ball and dummy routine would.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJVHdzN4EI&t=590s

Start watching at 11minutes for dry fire

The world is full of people from brilliant to idiot. Where we fall in that scale is up to us. Here is a review of the cm200ei...its in english from an indian owner? a simple youtube search of the cm200 will provide everything you need. If you would like any intelligent questions answer i will be sure to answer them to the best of my ability.

If something like a manual is the reason you don't buy a pistol thats great on you.... and believe me morini.ch could careless about you and your purchase based on that reason.
    CM many thanks for that link.
    It is not a review - it is an unboxing!
    Go back three posts and you will see the same youtube video but I recommended that one begins at 10:38.

As for searching youtube "will provide everything you need." RUBBISH - it provides that Indian video I referenced three posts ago (and you referenced in your post) and perhaps three or 4 very short
    videos.

And please tell me more about the reasoning behind the "random function" of the red LED. What is it supposed to achieve?
    That certainly is not dry firing. Sometimes "it will pull and other times it will not pull" or words to that effect!
    WHY?

Thank you for agreeing with me by confirming that the Morini CM 200ei manual is crap and after reading it, we need to search the Internet (youtube) to get answers to questions about features that Morini does have the courtesy to present any information about to end user / buyer. e.g. the red light / bulb at the end of the cable. You write "...how hard would it be to think a little."
    I ask how hard would it have been for Morini to include the information in the manual.

FFS this gun is €2190! (Is this the most expensive air pistol available?

Morini should show respect to its end-users by providing a comprehensive user manual instead of the crap manual it provides.

Also read 400Driver's post above this one.

Morini is an Italian company based in Switzerland. It's culture is not that of SWISS excellence (or the culture of a SWISS WORK OF ART[/i])!

Go and see the Matchguns website the TRUE Morini (Italian Cesare) evolved with a lot of manuals and explanations on how to use guns. The genius was Cesare Morini, in Switzerland they have no geniuses since Guglielmo Tell 😂
    HarryPotter69

Post by HarryPotter69 »

Despite Switzerland's high wages and the Morini's aesthetic appeal, the lack of trigger regulation raises doubts about its overall value for the price.
    Grippy

Post by Grippy »

What is "trigger regulation"? I never heard the term and google isn't helpful.