New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Christopher Miceli

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Sounds like all mental there.

But how would not allowing the air pistol to fire do anything ? Believe me you can’t see the little red light of the circuit block. You are still pulling the trigger way past where it would normally break and increase the trigger the pressure/weight disrupting the sights before you finely go ohhh and look at the red led.

It’s a completely useless feature
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Christopher Miceli wrote:Sounds like all mental there.
Yep, that's the core of shooting
Christopher Miceli wrote:But how would not allowing the air pistol to fire do anything ? Believe me you can’t see the little red light of the circuit block. You are still pulling the trigger way past where it would normally break and increase the trigger the pressure/weight disrupting the sights before you finely go ohhh and look at the red led.
If the cable can't be adjusted to bring the LED into the field of view then maybe it just needs a longer cable.
Christopher Miceli

it plugs into the bottom of the grip and hangs down
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I have one as well. Chris is right. Functions much better as a Christmas tree light. And I have moved from a Steyr Evo 10e to the Morini CM200ei because I shoot better with the Morini.

Chip
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Are you saying that the cable is so stiff that it cannot be bent to bring the LED into the field of view?
Christopher Miceli

Not stiff enough or long enough
Rover

Post by Rover »

Christopher Miceli wrote:Not stiff enough or long enough
I'm biting my tongue.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

Hey CM

Should it be thicker, too?
Christopher Miceli

Sulla wrote:Hey CM

Should it be thicker, too?
Couldn’t hurt
Christopher Miceli

After tearing down my cm200ei and a 162ei they are slightly different. On a 162 you are pressing a microswitch to operate the solenoid. The cm200ei is like the cm84e where the separating of the two gold contacts fire the solenoid. The resistance difference between the two.. no clue
scerir

Post by scerir »

Christopher Miceli wrote:After tearing down my cm200ei and a 162ei they are slightly different. On a 162 you are pressing a microswitch to operate the solenoid. The cm200ei is like the cm84e where the separating of the two gold contacts fire the solenoid. The resistance difference between the two.. no clue
Since the solenoid fires when the two gold contacts move apart (due to extra current I guess) I would expect a very short trigger action, because there is no second stage trigger travel (due to microswitch). Is that true?
Christopher Miceli

It still has 2 stages of trigger feel just like the 162. spring 1 first stage and spring 2 for the second stage...well stage 2 is the combination of spring 1 and 2.

It’s exactly the same trigger as the 162 minus the microswitch vs gold contact. Well the circuit board is different but that’s not involved with it. I think technically you could get a lighter second stage than the 162ei. But you’d have to have more weight on the first stage to get 500g
Christopher Miceli

side by side cm162 vs cm200 barrel has less rise after the shot.
scerir

Post by scerir »

At https://www.facebook.com/CelineGobervilleTirOfficiel/ see 30 October, there is a short review, a test, of the new air pistol CM200.
oddjack

Post by oddjack »

Does the 200ei Morini take weights on the barrel or needs adapter like the 162?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

oddjack wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:04 pm Does the 200ei Morini take weights on the barrel or needs adapter like the 162?
You have already asked this question in a separate thread.
David M

Post by David M »

Maybe he needs to know what sort of weight they are...
Avoirdupois ?
Troy ?
Metric ?
Long ?
Short ?
or
Imperial ?
Nothing better to do in lock down...
Leon

Post by Leon »

I wish I had one of these..

The more I look at the Morini Propaganda Document ( the Brochure ), the more it grows on me.

By the time I'd decided to acquire one, but, being the world's best procrastinaor, all in-country stock of CM200is had vanished - with no ETA of any new stock
MikeCM200

Post by MikeCM200 »

Hi guys, Bonjour from Paris.

I was reading most of your replies and feedback on the Morini CM200ei, and as a previous owner of a Steyr LP1, i was pretty anxious about moving from Steyr to Morini, especially when we look at the cost of that pistol (2000 euro).
After reading a few feeback from sites all over the world, I decided to make the big jump and i went crazy and baught that Morini CM200.

I must confess that i have been shooting with my Steyr LP1 for more than 10 years and I really enjoyed it. Look at a LP1 and at a LP10, there are of course improvements but the LP1 is not so old fashioned anyway! it still looks good!

as many people say, if you got cash to spend, and wanna treat yourself, you can look at an Evo10 or the Morini CM200ei.
I can't tell what made me jump from Steyr (which I love) to the Morini one: totally unknown, but that being said, I did it!!

a couple days after i received it, the shooting clubs got locked down with this crazy pandemic and so i have only been able to shoot about a hundred pellets, not more!!! i am so frustrated. i have been waiting for months before buying it and when i finally made up my mind, i can't use it and gotta wait for September for the club to re-open.

All i can say is that the pistol is every smooth, the trigger is amazing.
the grip, medium size from Morini doesn't fit my hand, although my Steyr (M size grip) was just perfect. the M size Morini is jsut too big. I would need Small size.
i decided to spend some more euros and went with a Rink grip, M size. It does fit differently, but in a very good way. the settings to adjust your hand are much much better, like you can adjust it millimeter per millimeter.

as some say, the cable provided with the gun is useless. i like doing dry shooting with that Morini as all you have to do is put the trigger ON and that's it. dry shoooooot...

I'll try to give my impressions as soon as i go back to the club and will try to compare with my Steyr.
I know it is a tough one when you wanna purchase a new pistol and there is no feedback anywhere.

For now, i have no regrets. i have good sensations with that Morini and I'll soon be up to speed with it.

I'll put some pictures of it. It is such a lovely air pistol.

thanks guys

PS: excuse me if my English is not perfect, it is not my mother tongue :)
Attachments
M5.JPG
M2.jpg
M4.jpg
M1.jpg
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

TargetPistolGuy made a comparison between CM200 and LP10e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V7257gGU9M
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22