New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Christopher Miceli

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by Christopher Miceli »

j-team wrote:
django wrote: I never buy electronic gun for anybrand since then.
Yeah same with me. I've had Morini 162ei, Pardini SP1 and Steyr LP10e. No more electronic triggers for me, I'm a mechanical type of person, i can fix things when I can see how work, electronics are too tricky for me! I know that even without factory back-up or parts I can keep all my current pistols running for as long as I want.
that pretty cool you can machine and polish your own sears. As well as create your own springs.
Christopher Miceli

It is an LED, light emitting diode, so it lights up. a random function on an air pistol attached to a light...come on now.... how hard would it be to think a little.

The red light on the cable illuminates when the circuit blocks the firing (randomly) meaning random ?? .... honestly.....its a silly feature which doesn't provide any value i think. Reason being is you keep pulling the trigger weight past the break point you just don't hear the click. It does not provide the feedback a ball and dummy routine would.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJVHdzN4EI&t=590s

Start watching at 11minutes for dry fire

The world is full of people from brilliant to idiot. Where we fall in that scale is up to us. Here is a review of the cm200ei...its in english from an indian owner? a simple youtube search of the cm200 will provide everything you need. If you would like any intelligent questions answer i will be sure to answer them to the best of my ability.

If something like a manual is the reason you don't buy a pistol thats great on you.... and believe me morini.ch could careless about you and your purchase based on that reason.
django

Post by django »

Rover wrote:So, Django, you can repair the boards. It sounds like a good part-time business just waiting for you to jump in.
No thanks. Do you remember armageddon movie when russian cosmonout repair their space station with wrench. He hammer it and walla it turn on. I just luck bring back on my 162 el. It just lucky shoot.

I. Know some one in india can repair this. He often advertise on 10m group in facebook.
django

Post by django »

Why dont they just put wifi or bluetooth on it so coach can remote firing from their smartphone with password protected istead this b.s random shoot training. Come on this is 2018 lol
any issf rule forbid this ? Or maybe its already on their board waiting to unlock on next upgrade. Who knows
400driver

Post by 400driver »

When I picked up my CM200, have to say I was excited! It was my first brand new pistol and I like the whole un boxing feeling. The little tool kit, the test target. I had plans to devour the manual from cover to cover, learning all about my Swiss work of art. I was somewhat miffed to find 2 badly printed yellow sheets was all I was going to get!

Wanted to know about my new dry fire mode to help me train better.....
Nada... Keep pulling till you can pull no more and the gun is so far off line that it becomes obvious to you.
Never used that function again.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

Christopher Miceli wrote:It is an LED, light emitting diode, so it lights up. a random function on an air pistol attached to a light...come on now.... how hard would it be to think a little.

The red light on the cable illuminates when the circuit blocks the firing (randomly) meaning random ?? .... honestly.....its a silly feature which doesn't provide any value i think. Reason being is you keep pulling the trigger weight past the break point you just don't hear the click. It does not provide the feedback a ball and dummy routine would.

The world is full of people from brilliant to idiot. Where we fall in that scale is up to us. Here is a review of the cm200ei...its in english from an indian owner? a simple youtube search of the cm200 will provide everything you need. If you would like any intelligent questions answer i will be sure to answer them to the best of my ability.

If something like a manual is the reason you don't buy a pistol thats great on you.... and believe me morini.ch could careless about you and your purchase based on that reason.
CM many thanks for that link.
It is not a review - it is an unboxing!
Go back three posts and you will see the same youtube video but I recommended that one begins at 10:38.

As for searching youtube "will provide everything you need." RUBBISH - it provides that Indian video I referenced three posts ago (and you referenced in your post) and perhaps three or 4 very short
videos.

And please tell me more about the reasoning behind the "random function" of the red LED. What is it supposed to achieve?
That certainly is not dry firing. Sometimes "it will pull and other times it will not pull" or words to that effect!
WHY?

Thank you for agreeing with me by confirming that the Morini CM 200ei manual is crap and after reading it, we need to search the Internet (youtube) to get answers to questions about features that Morini does have the courtesy to present any information about to end user / buyer. e.g. the red light / bulb at the end of the cable. You write "...how hard would it be to think a little."
I ask how hard would it have been for Morini to include the information in the manual.

FFS this gun is €2190! (Is this the most expensive air pistol available?

Morini should show respect to its end-users by providing a comprehensive user manual instead of the crap manual it provides.

Also read 400Driver's post above this one.

Morini is an Italian company based in Switzerland. It's culture is not that of SWISS excellence (or the culture of a SWISS WORK OF ART)!
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I have an empty cylinder that I use to dry fire my Cm200ei. As stated above, the included "training cable" is useless. I may add it to my Christmas tree lights:-)

Chip
Christopher Miceli

Sulla wrote:
Christopher Miceli wrote:It is an LED, light emitting diode, so it lights up. a random function on an air pistol attached to a light...come on now.... how hard would it be to think a little.

CM many thanks for that link.
It is not a review - it is an unboxing!
Go back three posts and you will see the same youtube video but I recommended that one begins at 10:38.

As for searching youtube "will provide everything you need." RUBBISH - it provides that Indian video I referenced three posts ago (and you referenced in your post) and perhaps three or 4 very short
videos.

And please tell me more about the reasoning behind the "random function" of the red LED. What is it supposed to achieve?
That certainly is not dry firing. Sometimes "it will pull and other times it will not pull" or words to that effect!
WHY?

Thank you for agreeing with me by confirming that the Morini CM 200ei manual is crap and after reading it, we need to search the Internet (youtube) to get answers to questions about features that Morini does have the courtesy to present any information about to end user / buyer. e.g. the red light / bulb at the end of the cable. You write "...how hard would it be to think a little."
I ask how hard would it have been for Morini to include the information in the manual.

FFS this gun is €2190! (Is this the most expensive air pistol available?

Morini should show respect to its end-users by providing a comprehensive user manual instead of the crap manual it provides.

Also read 400Driver's post above this one.

Morini is an Italian company based in Switzerland. It's culture is not that of SWISS excellence (or the culture of a SWISS WORK OF ART)!

i would be in fear of my life with you and an air pistol
Last edited by Christopher Miceli on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Miceli

ChipEck wrote:I have an empty cylinder that I use to dry fire my Cm200ei. As stated above, the included "training cable" is useless. I may add it to my Christmas tree lights:-)

Chip
the cool thing about e triggers is you don't have to cycle the lever to dry fire. just reset the trigger and pull again.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

Christopher Miceli wrote: i would be in fear of my life with you and an air pistol
Why do you say that CM?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I can actually see where the training cable would be useful, unless you already have a perfect trigger release all of the time.

It is extremely common for shooters to have a slightly different trigger release depending on whether they are live or dry firing.

It is relatively easy to see the effects of trigger release when dry firing but more difficult when live firing.

This device would allow you to see the effects of the live fire trigger release without including the gas release or recoil.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Christopher Miceli wrote:
that pretty cool you can machine and polish your own sears. As well as create your own springs.
Well I build by own free pistol from scratch so a few bits for an air pistol would be easy. But you can buy your spare parts.
Rover

Post by Rover »

As a "sorta in the same vein", I was training with a Free Pistol with John Zurek. He brought out a brick of truly defective ammo. Their were all kinds of problems with it; duds, hangfires, pooters.

The idea was to perfect release and follow through in the face of these random events. Maddening!
left360

Post by left360 »

Wouldn't the training cable allow you to do an air pistol versions of the "ball and dummy' round training?
Christopher Miceli

left360 wrote:Wouldn't the training cable allow you to do an air pistol versions of the "ball and dummy' round training?
thats the idea, but these air pistols don't have overtravel stops and the morini you can hear click when it dry fires. With the cable installed you just get a random no click and you end up just pulling the trigger longer till you realize it. Ill film a video tongight.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

left360 wrote:Wouldn't the training cable allow you to do an air pistol versions of the "ball and dummy' round training?
thats the idea, but these air pistols don't have overtravel stops and the morini you can hear click when it dry fires. With the cable installed you just get a random no click and you end up just pulling the trigger longer till you realize it. Ill film a video tongight.
How about during live fire. Many people have different trigger actions for dry and live fire.

This feature would seem to allow analysis of the live fire trigger action without the effects of gas release or recoil.

I once worked with a shooter on Scatt who had a much smoother trigger release when he was dry firing compared to his live fire release. He stated that he used a different technique when dry firing but would not use it live. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Christopher Miceli

David Levene wrote:
How about during live fire. Many people have different trigger actions for dry and live fire.

This feature would seem to allow analysis of the live fire trigger action without the effects of gas release or recoil.

I once worked with a shooter on Scatt who had a much smoother trigger release when he was dry firing compared to his live fire release. He stated that he used a different technique when dry firing but would not use it live. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
a dry fire and dry feel the same, I've never know anyone to anticipate recoil on an airpistol. sounds like that shooter had a mental block lol
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

David Levene wrote: How about during live fire. Many people have different trigger actions for dry and live fire.

a dry fire and dry feel the same, I've never know anyone to anticipate recoil on an airpistol. sounds like that shooter had a mental block lol
I don't remember mentioning recoil anticipation.
Christopher Miceli

Isn’t that the point of dry firing ? What would the circuit block allow for analysis ? Only think I could like if is to imitate the ball and dummy drill which you really see the flinch and anticipation
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Christopher Miceli wrote:This feature would seem to allow analysis of the live fire trigger action without the effects of gas release or recoil.

Isn’t that the point of dry firing ? What would the circuit block allow for analysis ? Only think I could like if is to imitate the ball and dummy drill which you really see the flinch and anticipation
The thing about dry firing is that there is no lasting evidence of a bad trigger release or a release with the sights/target not being correctly aligned.

With live firing you have the fear of not scoring a ten (or less, depending on your expectations) to interrupt your process. That's why most/many people take longer to release a live shot than they do to release a dry fire shot.