New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ChipEck

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by ChipEck »

CM200ei report after 1,000 pellets.
I was shooting my Steyr Evo 10e so comparison will be between them. Both pistols have Rink grips.
Fit and finish goes to Steyr. Steyr, in automotive terms, is put together like a Mercedes. Everything is solid and it feels solid. I know others have mentioned the plastic trigger guard on the Morini, but it really annoys me. Aluminum, or carbon fiber would have been great...but PLASTIC? Ugh.

Adaptability goes to Evo. From being able to tip the front and rear sights if you have a cant, to the wider trigger with deep serrations that can be raised or lowered or tipped at an angle, in addition to length of pull.

I do like the loading "tray" or "groove" in the Morini compared to the Styer's setting the pellet in the end of the barrel.

...Yet I have switched to the Morini.

Why? I am not sure if I can put into words, but I swear I have better feedback or feel on every shot with the Morini compared to the Steyr. Not sure if it is because of the weight or something else, but the Morini, even with a trigger that is narrower and its inability to mount at an angle or change the height, feels better for me.

So to wrap this up, the Morini CM200ei is the better pistol for me. Your mileage may vary.

Chip
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Morini does not have the stabalizer that most of the other brand has. I think they hide bad shots, yes they barely come off target but that feedback is critical to correcting yourself. My morini carbon fiber barrel cover didn't line up 100% with the barrel vent holes. Morini is sending me a replacement for free. I do wish the morini came with more than 2 barrel weights as it is a light gun.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

ChipEck wrote: I know others have mentioned the plastic trigger guard on the Morini, but it really annoys me. Aluminum, or carbon fiber would have been great...but PLASTIC? Ugh.
Since the trigger guard is not a high stressed area, plastic is ideal, (an aluminum or carbon fiber trigger guard would have jacked up the price) but you’d expect more build quality coming from “Swiss made” craftsmanship…
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

This has been a great read, and I thank you all very much.

I am looking at Steyr EVO 10e or Morini CM 200 ei.

Can any of the recent posters to this thread, (buyers / users) please provide a follow-up on their experience with the Morini?

Good - bad - ugly etc?

I have been shooting Air Pistols (and other handgun classes - 22LR, 38 Spl, 357Mag and 9MM) for 5 years and am just now looking at buying my first AIR pistol.
The only air pistol I have used is (my club's) Steyr LP2.

I am at this stage leaning toward the EVO.

Again many thanks for this great Forum.

Greetings from Melbourne Australia.

Sulla
===
Last edited by Sulla on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Céline Goberville https://www.facebook.com/CelineGobervilleTirOfficiel/ is going to post a review of the new Morini CM200. She wrote "Promise I'll give you a little review of this new morini morini in a few days: News, personal sensations and personal changes to bring I'd rather try it on several sessions before I give my opinion!"
Christopher Miceli

Took the cm200ei out for a limited range session. I like it. It has noticeably less muzzle rise than the 162ei (not that it bothered me to begin with), the trigger feels the same as the 162 I can’t tell any difference. The pistol is lighter than the 162ei which I dislike, will need to order more barrel weights. All in all, I prefer the vented barrel over not having a vented barrel. Also I think this compensator actually works. I don’t think it’s a must have if you already own a functioning 162ei. If you got money to burn and need a new AP get the 200 vs the 162.
Last edited by Christopher Miceli on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

It is a great thread this one! Both sides being reported without brand emotion so it may provide some help for people looking at their options in the future. There is no substitute for actually trying whatever it is you want to buy. Difficult I know but these guns are not cheap and a mistake can be costly.

I am glad I tried the CM and was able to make up my own mind.
Christopher Miceli

400driver wrote:It is a great thread this one! Both sides being reported without brand emotion so it may provide some help for people looking at their options in the future. There is no substitute for actually trying whatever it is you want to buy. Difficult I know but these guns are not cheap and a mistake can be costly.

I am glad I tried the CM and was able to make up my own mind.
Morini did make changes to the barrel vs the 162. both are lothar walther barrels but the 200 is a 6 groove polygon vented vs the 12 groove non vented button rifled barrel. They cm200 has "grip adjustments" but anyone that adjusts the grip position via the frame vs actually fitting the grip is just playing and being a competitive shooter. Pretty grips don't win...fitted grips do. I think the morini electronic trigger feels better than the steyr. The adjustablity of the steyr evo sights is very good for someone with a cant when they shoot. The barrel shroud of the evo also lends itself to more weight placement/balance options. The CM200 does allow for easier transition to left vs right hand grip with just a new grip vs a new circuit board and grip.

-i will agree the morini dry fire cable is just stupid...but hey i'm guessing it was an easy option to add onto the circuit design.

All in all you can't go wrong with any brand of modern air pistol. When selecting a brand i would first consider the support in your area than the price.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

Thank you for the replies.

One factor that I find most curious is that there is so little discussion regarding the CM200ei!

This forum appears to be where ALL the discussion has been. (If I am incorrect, please point me to another site).

Even on the Morini website (morini.ch) there is very little information (limited to the brochure 19.pdf) and a user
manual is not available in the download section.

Considering that this gun was released over 6 months ago why is there so little discussion?

Just curious.

I hope to try/handle/shoot the CM 200ei and the Evo 10e next week-end which will involve a 600 km round trip.

I am still leaning toward the Evo 10e.

Greetings from Melbourne.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I wonder if it is because Morini has not been able to build them very fast? I had mine on order for several months. If you cannot get one to try it is hard to talk about it....just my thought.

Chip
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Considering that this gun was released over 6 months ago why is there so little discussion?
There has also been little said about the FWB P8X which is a remarkable pistol in every way.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I think a lot of people on this forum have good high end air pistols already, and don't see the need to spend big bucks on relatively minor upgrades. As a result, there aren't going to be a lot of hands-on reports until they've been out a lot longer. I'm sticking with my Morini 162EI, so I don't have much to contribute to the discussion.
Christopher Miceli

I put fwb and walther in the same category of air pistol....have been great in the past now blahhh. I am on a German target forum and it’s mostly complaints about walther lp 400/500 and fwb second. They make great rifles though
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

You obviously have not tried the P8X personally or you would not express such an opinion.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

The P8X is pure bliss to shoot. My problem is still the connection (or rather, disconnect) of the thing between my ears, my eye, and the trigger finger.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

The tiemekangaroodownsporttiemekangaroodowntanmehidewhenI'mdeadFredtanmehidewhenI'mdeadsowetannedhishidewhenhediedClydeandthat'sithangingontheshed could also be a great gun BUT can we please stay on topic - which is New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI - not other air pistols.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sulla wrote:The tiemekangaroodownsporttiemekangaroodowntanmehidewhenI'mdeadFredtanmehidewhenI'mdeadsowetannedhishidewhenhediedClydeandthat'sithangingontheshed could also be a great gun BUT can we please stay on topic - which is New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI - not other air pistols.
You haven't been on this site long have you. It's what's called "thread drift".
Christopher Miceli

Sulla wrote:The tiemekangaroodownsporttiemekangaroodowntanmehidewhenI'mdeadFredtanmehidewhenI'mdeadsowetannedhishidewhenhediedClydeandthat'sithangingontheshed could also be a great gun BUT can we please stay on topic - which is New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI - not other air pistols.
i don't think anymore can be said about the 200ei, except circuit board longevity. If you have any questions i'll do my best to answer them.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

Thank you for the replies.

It is not a matter of specific questions or issues, but I an trying to find users feedback about the CM200ei.

I wrote to Morini:
Hello,

I am considering buying your pistol.

Can you please tell me the following:
1. Why is there no download of the user manual from your website?
2. Why is there very little information available about this pistol on the internet, including the morini.ch website?
3 can you please explain to me how “dry fire” works with your pistol?

Many thanks,
And Morini replied:
Hello,

about user manual and information about our CM 200EI in our website. We are making a new website and we put on the new one and not on old one.

Problem is that new is not yet ready!

If anyone can point me at CM200ei reviews I would be extremely happy.

Many thanks.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

After that email I received from Morini yesterday, i asked them to send me the CM200 user manual.

Please find attached what was sent to me a few minutes ago!

The size of the file should provide a hint!
(Don't waste your time downloading - Correct file in post on next page 9).
Attachments
Manuale CM 200EI Inglese 1.pdf
(6.62 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
Last edited by Sulla on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.