New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Sulla

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by Sulla »

OK - Morini service is great today.

Attached is the Morini CM 200EI manual in English.

Many thanks Morini!
Attachments
Manuale CM 200EI Inglese LS.pdf
(498.73 KiB) Downloaded 723 times
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

RE MORINI CM 200EI MANUAL

It is my opinion that the Morini CM 200EI manual is an extremely low quality document providing only very basic information.
I say this, comparing the Morini manual to manuals provided by other high quality air pistol manufacturers.

In this modern world I expect a user manual to be a good and entertaining read providing ALL the information I need to successfully use the product.

I am very interested to hear the opinions of other members of this Forum regarding the CM 200EI user manual.

I am extremely disappointed!
I give it a 1 out of 10.
(If it was not for the coloured image of the pistol - it would have been a zero out of 10).

MORE...

Thinking it may have been a rushed "manual" I downloaded other manuals from the Morini website
http://www.morini.ch/download.php only to find that they are all of similar design; providing only the
most basic / simplistic information.

Compare the CM 200 manual to a CM 162 manual and you will see they are identical in format with a few
"cosmetic" changes. I suspect the two guns follow that same format!!

What say members here?
Last edited by Sulla on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
scerir

Post by scerir »

A bit difficult to realize, reading that manual, if there is a micro-switch (I do not think so) or something else (electric contact like in CM84E?).
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

you could say the cm162 to cm200 change is the equivalent to the LP10E to LP10E Evo. Minor changes for the better i believe.

As for the morini manaul, it tells you how to turn it on and adjust the trigger. What else do you need?

Its an air pistol...not your VCR
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Christopher Miceli wrote:As for the morini manaul, it tells you how to turn it on and adjust the trigger. What else do you need?
Adjusting the sights and changing the battery? Oh wait, it tells you about those too.
django

Post by django »

I dont like its cocking lever. Anyone can guest how long cocking lever groove (push hammer pin backward)
Will last ? I think this is first i concern about. It should made from metal. Like old one .

Btw i will jump in if they offer life time waranty on electronic board and changing cocking lever
With metal. I dont want pay eur 300 ++ for electronic board failure
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

django wrote:I dont like its cocking lever. Anyone can guest how long cocking lever groove (push hammer pin backward)
Will last ? I think this is first i concern about. It should made from metal. Like old one .

Btw i will jump in if they offer life time waranty on electronic board and changing cocking lever
as much force as required to open it and how thick the carbon fiber is i have no concerns of it failing unless your some kind of animal with the lever. As for lifetime warranty on the board what electronic company offers that on any product? your tv? car? phone? how about steyr?
django

Post by django »

Christopher Miceli wrote:
django wrote:I dont like its cocking lever. Anyone can guest how long cocking lever groove (push hammer pin backward)

as much force as required to open it and how thick the carbon fiber is i have no concerns of it failing unless your some kind of animal with the lever. As for lifetime warranty on the board what electronic company offers that on any product? your tv? car? phone? how about steyr?
I was own 162el. Had issues on el board . email morini about this problem. No one answered but when i ask for buy new board they repy few days later. So i repaired my own. Fix and sold.
I never buy electronic gun for anybrand since then. Even for steyr, i took evo10 manual.
I will take morini manual if they kindly reply my email when i was facing problem with my morini, just because this gun had awesome grip. Btw some computer memory maker offer life time waranty (lol). And..you can find electronic service dealer when your tv broken. But what if you electronic gun broken ?
Btw i shoot 60/day on daily so cocking lever durability is one of my concern.
Remember lp10 e ? They change from plastic trigger housing unit to metal on evo 10?
Rover

Post by Rover »

So, Django, you can repair the boards. It sounds like a good part-time business just waiting for you to jump in.
j-team

Post by j-team »

django wrote: I never buy electronic gun for anybrand since then.
Yeah same with me. I've had Morini 162ei, Pardini SP1 and Steyr LP10e. No more electronic triggers for me, I'm a mechanical type of person, i can fix things when I can see how work, electronics are too tricky for me! I know that even without factory back-up or parts I can keep all my current pistols running for as long as I want.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

Christopher Miceli wrote:

As for the morini manaul (sic), it tells you how to turn it on and adjust the trigger. What else do you need?
Its an air pistol...not your VCR

I am certain that if you paid €2190 for a VCR (or any product of a technical nature) you would expect a user manual to explain all aspects of the product's
operation. Agreed?

Assume that you have never used a Morini air pistol or any air pistol. After reading the Morini manual is it clear how:

1. dry fire functions?
2. to use the training cable?
3. Etc etc

For €2190, I for one, expect a better user manual than that which Morini presents.

I would also expect a more professionally written document.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sulla wrote:Assume that you have never used a Morini air pistol or any air pistol. After reading the Morini manual is it clear how:

1. dry fire functions?
3. Etc etc
1. ".... and for dry firing, which take place simply by pulling the trigger."
2. See paras 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 & fig.2 of the manual
3. Etc etc
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

David Levene wrote:
Sulla wrote:Assume that you have never used a Morini air pistol or any air pistol. After reading the Morini manual is it clear how:

1. dry fire functions?
3. Etc etc
1. ".... and for dry firing, which take place simply by pulling the trigger."
2. See paras 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 & fig.2 of the manual
3. Etc etc

Thank you for that information.

Yes that is really clear and concise and explains perfectly how to "dry fire" and how to use the "training cable".

Silly me! It is so simple, clear, precise and concise! Sadly I still do not understand what the training cable is all about!

Please explain to me in simple English so I can understand.
2.2 Training function:
By activating the training mode, a random function is started, which randomly generates the activation of the
trigger.
So a "...random function...randomly generates the activation..."
WTF DOES THAT MEAN?

WHY? For what purpose?

Probably reads OK in Italian, but maybe is lost in translation?

btw I am travelling 600 kms round trip next week-end to use and test fire the CM 200ei.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Ask Bruce Quick about any concerns you may have....only six more sleeps and all your questions will be answered.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sulla wrote: Silly me! It is so simple, clear, precise and concise! Sadly I still do not understand what the training cable is all about!

Please explain to me in simple English so I can understand.
2.2 Training function:
By activating the training mode, a random function is started, which randomly generates the activation of the
trigger.
So a "...random function...randomly generates the activation..."
WTF DOES THAT MEAN?

WHY? For what purpose?
AFAIK this is the first pistol to have this function.

I think you are confusing a user manual with a coaching manual.

The pistol has the function and it is down to you and your coach whether you think it is worthwhile using it during training. I will admit that the manual could be clearer, e.g. the time window for the random activation.

Are you now clear about how the dry firing works? You turn the gun on and pull the trigger.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

deadeyedick wrote:Ask Bruce Quick about any concerns you may have....only six more sleeps and all your questions will be answered.
Thanks DED will do re BQ.

However, what am I supposed to do ask BQ every time I have a question which should be answered / covered by the Morini manual?

It is not just the gun, it is also the perception of the product and company based on the information and image it presents to the potential end user!

IMHO so far Morini fails miserably!

When I am asked to pay for a product or service I expect a return to me equal to or greater than my investment; by way of product satisfaction, customer service etc.

Thank you for your input.
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

DL please explain this "random" BS to me.
I do not confuse a user manual with a coaching manual. I expect the user manual to explain clearly and concisely the "feature" and how to use it!

What does the red light / bulb on the training cable signify?
Where is the red light / bulb mentioned in the manual?

No confusion here, mate!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sulla wrote:What does the red light / bulb on the training cable signify?
Where is the red light / bulb mentioned in the manual?

No confusion here, mate!
No idea. What red light?
Sulla

Post by Sulla »

What red light?
The red light the manual tells you nothing about!
That red light!

Do I make my point?

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJVHdzN4EI&t
Go to 10:38

Why could not Morini explain that in their user manual?
Last edited by Sulla on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sulla wrote:Do I make my point?
Yes