Speed of Izh vs. Steyr

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
william

Re: Speed of Izh vs. Steyr

Post by william »

northpaw wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:34 pm We need to get the full picture here: lock time/does matter, or course.
Imagine what do you do wrong during that brief moment of extended barrel time? Wringing your gun out of line of sight? Probably yes. Imagine a gun of close to zero barrel time/ lock time: would it be beneficial to your scores? Yes,it would.

By denying the effects of increased locktime/barrel time you are talking contrary to common pfysics. Why? Do you not understand the fundamentals of physics?
My stalker has persuaded me: I'm giving up posting because he replies to things I don't write. And I'm giving up shooting because I don't understand "common pfysics." Apparently I've been deluded for years, believing factors to be negligible (like a couple of milliseconds of barrel time) that are in fact all-controlling.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

seamaster wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:08 pm The IZH velocity is very easy to adjust.

Unscrew each compression hinge will give you about additional 15 FPS with each complete counterclock rotation.

It is fun to shoot at 515 FPS like a LP10, cutting super clean holes.

BUT, that high compression WILL destroy your compression lever.

Very soon.

My compression lever torn in half at the semicircle section just off the compression hinge.

I cried.

Not until my city STOP sign welder welded it back for me.

Now I am happy with 430, damned the holes. It is clean ENOUGH. I only need to know where I hit.
My original, non M version shoots at 430 fps with 7.0 grain pellets. A friend's 46M shot at 485 out of the box with the same 7.0 grain pellets. If you use Meisterkugeln, and you are not getting 485, I would guess it's safe to get it to that speed.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'm calling bullshit on this whole thing!

Worrying about half a millisecond, when your brain/body reflexes cause about 1/10 second lag while shooting is just nonsensical.
UnGe

Post by UnGe »

v76 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:20 pm The problem with the izh is that you need to constantly lube the piston and breech seals for it to have optimal velocity. IIRC, mine shot at around 485-490 with 7gr, which is pretty much the same as what my Morini is set at. No tears with good, dry targets.
Here we go again... "constantly lube" vs "never ever lube"....
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

northpaw wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:05 pm
emre-nur wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:31 pm So, I learnt a lesson.
Yes, you learned a lesson. That lesson teaches you to not buy a gun from less well reputed retailer/importer.
The Izzy comes cheap, but may be expensive i the long run. Stay away from that misery.
Indeed.
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

seamaster wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:08 pm The IZH velocity is very easy to adjust.

Unscrew each compression hinge will give you about additional 15 FPS with each complete counterclock rotation.

It is fun to shoot at 515 FPS like a LP10, cutting super clean holes.

BUT, that high compression WILL destroy your compression lever.

Very soon.

My compression lever torn in half at the semicircle section just off the compression hinge.

I cried.

Not until my city STOP sign welder welded it back for me.

Now I am happy with 430, damned the holes. It is clean ENOUGH. I only need to know where I hit.
Thanks. More feedback or info such as diagram video etc. are welcome.