Pardini .22 magazine modification?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

JamesHH

Re: Pardini .22 magazine modification?

Post by JamesHH »

mr alexander wrote:Thank you for posting the links to those interesting youtube videos. Obviously, "bolt/slide bounce" really does occur when live

rounds are being chambered in .22 caliber semi-auto firearms. Unaware of this phenomenon, I was under the mistaken impression

that their recoil springs were strong enough to prevent this from happening. Your reply prompts me to ask two more questions:

1.) How does adding a slide stop do nothing except screw up your magazines?

2.) I've been shooting Bullseye since 1979. While participating in three different leagues since then, I personally have never seen

a 1911 Wadcutter Gun, Smith & Wesson Model 52, Beretta Model 92, et al that had their slide stops modified in such a way as

to defeat the last shot hold open feature they all possess. Doing so certainly would provide the same recoil effect from the first

shot to the last one. Have you or j-team ever encountered pistols like those mentioned that were setup in this manner?

Thank you.
1) It screws up Pardini magazines to be screwing a bit of metal to the follower, and to be using the magazine instead of a slide stop to stop the slide must impose a bunch of unexpected stresses on the magazine, follower etc. None of the mods I've seen here are designed to cause the Pardini slide stop to stop the slide.

2) Most guns are designed to hold open, I guess its subjective whether having different recoil affects the shooter, it won't affect where the shot goes.

I suppose a question is why Bullseye shooters are so keen to have the gun hold open on the last round.
If its to avoid accidental dry-fire I don't know, learn to count I guess, although I'm finding this harder.

It wouldn't be impossible to add this to the Pardini I guess.