Alfa Proj pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
1000 yards

Alfa Proj pistol

Post by 1000 yards »

Has any one tried these pistols? Looking for some club pistols for beginners and saw these. Do they fit in the ISSF box? How about shot count will they do a full 60 shot Comp. plus sighters?
Jeff
yana

Post by yana »

Imo, not worth the money in pcp trim with a mere 90 shots to go with.
They're only adviseable in co2 trim imo.
Grip is very thin as well, and trigger isnt upto competitions standard (tau 7).
No doubt it'll fit the box though
Rover

Post by Rover »

These are kinda crappy. Why not IZH46M? Decent enough, (though ugly), but cheap and available; need no expensive support items.

If they can't hit with these, nothing you buy will help them.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

The biggest thing I don't like about my Alfa Proj would be the trigger, after about 5ish hours I got it close to what it should feel like but it still feels like the trigger on a Savage MKII. I'm not even sure if it'll hold the 500g weight, it seems still too light to actually use. Also the rear blade is too narrow even with the front post on the smallest setting it is essentially the same size as the rear. I got mine for cheap which is why I got it over the IZH but now I'm wishing I had sprung for it.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

We bought a bunch of IZH46Ms for our Club beginners. Grips inclined to be a bit sloppy and seem to be in need of re tightening periodically. BUT they are accurate, have less recoil than you'd expect and have a very nice trigger. Worth the money. Juniors and ladies can find the cranking a bit heavy going but they persevere. Can't afford too many FWB Piccolos.
See other recent thread on the cost of the Izzie.
Bob
1000 yards

alpha proj

Post by 1000 yards »

Thanks...i will turn our attention to something else. We have some crank pistols and are looking for a light-pcp-competion capable pistol for young shooters[12 and up] to start enjoying our club with there older siblings.
I see Walther and Hammerli have the Ap20...any input on this?
Jeff
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you want cheap but good....look for some CO2 pistols. A lot of them were dumped by guys thinking they could buy some points by going to PCP and can be had in great condition for very low prices.
Andre

Post by Andre »

If you want a cheap pistol go with a Tau. Not very nice trigger, but accurate and a tank.
yana

Post by yana »

Whats wrong with the Tau triggers?
Imo, not much. Ok, its not morini/steyr but neither is the price.
My Tau 7's have very good, very light trigger. I even had to adjust the trigger of my silhouette cause it was set too light..
Indeed, they're very accurate. Bulkfill is useless though, wont get you more shots as 12gr bulb.
I dont shoot any better with my morini, steyr or other pcp's than I do with the Tau. They're GREAT pistols.
Sechand steyr, FWB co2's also very good, bút you'll have the issue of cilinder date, and they can ónly be filled with bulk.

Hammerli doesnt exist anymore on its own. All umarex now.
Service and parts are a disaster. I'd stay away from it.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Who cares about cylinder dates, especially with CO2, when you just want the guns for loaners to beginners at your club?
ScottEdvin

first gun

Post by ScottEdvin »

For the beginners it is nice to have a pistol which is easily operated and can handle well. S&W 22A is good enough take part in Club range. S&W 22A would be a good first gun,as it has less recoil and the ammo is cheaper. Have some practice with 22 cal and move up to a larger caliber later.
william

Re: first gun

Post by william »

ScottEdvin wrote:For the beginners it is nice to have a pistol which is easily operated and can handle well. S&W 22A is good enough take part in Club range. S&W 22A would be a good first gun,as it has less recoil and the ammo is cheaper. Have some practice with 22 cal and move up to a larger caliber later.
Isn't there something in the rules about bringing a firearm to an air pistol event? I can imagine the surprise on the other kids' faces and the devastating effect on the pellet traps.
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

yana wrote:Hammerli doesnt exist anymore on its own. All umarex now.
Service and parts are a disaster. I'd stay away from it.
I'm confused….. If you go to the Hammerli website it says on the right side "made by Walther, Germany" The website also says "Today Hämmerli is an independent brand in the Carl Walther portfolio" http://www.haemmerli.info/en/home.html

If you go to umarexusa.com they show some Hammerli and Walther airguns but not the competition grade lineup like the Walther LP400 series. So does Umarex just distribute the sporting line only and Walther the competition line?
jullianrev

Post by jullianrev »

Whether you're right-handed or left, the Air Arms Alfa precharged pneumatic (PCP) pistol will fit you perfectly. It's one of the few 10-meter guns with an ambidextrous grip that really works no matter which hand you use. And, you can expect world-class accuracy—but at a fraction of the price.
yana

Post by yana »

Wouldnt say world class. Pistols like morini etc wíll outshoot it.
It doesnt have a cilinder date, the Alfa, as it has a grip reservoir, undetachable.
I think umarex is the main concern now, that has both walther and the brand name hammerli
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

yana wrote:Wouldnt say world class. Pistols like morini etc wíll outshoot it.
That previous post from jullianrev was a direct copy and paste from the advertising blurb for the pistol on several sites. Unusual activity for someones first post.
motorcycle_dan

I bought one of the Alfa Proj

Post by motorcycle_dan »

It shoots well for our youth/adult league. I like the Abidextrous grip. Mine has an issue with air consumption getting only about 45 shots between refills. Trigger is adjustable but I like a long roll. Sights are positive click with english L / R or U / D arrows. Trying to teach a new person last night I choose to use the Alfa over my normal Steyr LP10. Shot a 275/300 with it for league. As reference, my personal best on 30-shot league is 280 so the Alfa has what it takes if the shooter does his part. Some pellets are a bit hard to seat rifled skirt RWS hobby for example. I used the Qiang Yuan and did not have that issue.