Pardini HP 32, ammo talk

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Loukiii

Re: Pardini HP 32, ammo talk

Post by Loukiii »

Ow my head hurts...
This is kind of discouraging. I just want to pull the trigger and make holes in paper. All this technical reloading stuff has my tiny brain in a fog lol. Thanks to everyone for all the great information.
jbzeus

Post by jbzeus »

Hey Loukiii, if you want no muss no fuss just shoot factory at .60-.80 a pop. Ouch! :-)
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

It costs money to 'Buy a score'.

By the way, the cheap 32 ACP ammo they sell generally have bullets sized 0.308" - 0.311".

They sort of rattle down a 0.314" diameter barrel.

I tested some Fiocchi 73 grain round nose at 50 yards and 8 out of ten hit the 22" x 24" target when fired in a barrel mounted in a fixture. Those bullets measured 0.308" diameter.

After all, 'It's only money', stimulate the economy.

Cheers,

Dave
Loukiii

Post by Loukiii »

Please pardon my ignorance. I am very new to reloading and a lot of the technical stuff is confusing. I’m not opposed to spending money because you get what you pay for. However I don’t like wasting money. I want to get set up for reloading for my Pardini but the more I read the more intimidated I become.

I bought a Hornady progressive press and I reload for my .45 and even that had a few lessons to learn before I started getting consistent results. I want to get a die set for .32 ACP but I am reading that the expander die won’t work for .313/.314 bullets. Can I order one from one of the manufacturers or do I have to have a machinist custom make it? And how much does that cost and who would I contact?

And am I to understand that powder charges have to be measured individually and charged manually because the cartridges are too small to function the actuator on the powder measure of the press?

Yes I read all 25 pages leading up to this but I still have a lot of questions to make sure I do this right the first time.
Thanks
left360

Post by left360 »

Rover

Post by Rover »

This whole thing would be greatly simplified if you would just switch to a .38. The slightly greater recoil is the only down side.
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

Loukiii wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:19 pm Please pardon my ignorance. I am very new to reloading and a lot of the technical stuff is confusing. I’m not opposed to spending money because you get what you pay for. However I don’t like wasting money. I want to get set up for reloading for my Pardini but the more I read the more intimidated I become.

I bought a Hornady progressive press and I reload for my .45 and even that had a few lessons to learn before I started getting consistent results. I want to get a die set for .32 ACP but I am reading that the expander die won’t work for .313/.314 bullets. Can I order one from one of the manufacturers or do I have to have a machinist custom make it? And how much does that cost and who would I contact?

And am I to understand that powder charges have to be measured individually and charged manually because the cartridges are too small to function the actuator on the powder measure of the press?

Yes I read all 25 pages leading up to this but I still have a lot of questions to make sure I do this right the first time.
Thanks

I have no experience with Hornady, I use a Dillon 550. Their XS powder system work excellently, no need to load individually. I use a Dillon std sizing die or a Lee +2 sizing die, depending on whether I am loading .312 or .314 bullets, and one of Photo Escapes new stepped PTU, again he offers numerous sizes. There are numerous threads on the Bullseye L forum on the specifics to loading ACP which you might find helpful.

PM me if you would like more info.
Loukiii

Post by Loukiii »

Rover wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:37 am This whole thing would be greatly simplified if you would just switch to a .38. The slightly greater recoil is the only down side.
They won’t feed in my pardini...
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

Loukiii wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am
Rover wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:37 am This whole thing would be greatly simplified if you would just switch to a .38. The slightly greater recoil is the only down side.
Plus, getting a 2 stage trigger and the proper grip angle would be a challenge. Sure wish Pardini would make a single stack 38, 9mm, and 45.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Loukiii wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am
I take it you are not aware of the "get a bigger hammer" school of adjustment.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Gregbenner wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:08 am Sure wish Pardini would make a single stack 38, 9mm, and 45.
A single stack steel-framed 9 mm. I own av Pardini GT 9, alloy frame. They formerly made a heavy all-steel versiom of the GT 9, but it is now discontinued, i recon.