Cleaning My Pardini SP for the first time

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
22shooter

Cleaning My Pardini SP for the first time

Post by 22shooter »

Any suggestions on cleaning my Pardini SP for the first time? How often should it be done? Thanks for any information. I am new to bullseye shooting...any info is helplful.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

How often will depend on the pistol & the ammo. If the ammo isn't too feeble or dirty, you should be able to go several hundred rounds between cleanings. I can shoot 500 or more rounds of CCI standard velocity without a problem, but only about 20 rounds of Aguila SV. My wife's can go 400 rounds or more of Eley Sport.

I use a light oil on the barrel and the recoil spring, and a dab of grease on the bottom of the slide where the hammer rubs, where the disconnector rubs, and a thin smear on the top of the slide where the slide rubs against one of the cross pins. It may be hard to see on a new pistol, but over time, you will see wear marks where lube is important.
22shooter

Thanks

Post by 22shooter »

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions. It will be very helpful when my husband and I take apart the gun for cleaning. Much appreciated! By the way...if you live in Connecticut, any pistol where the magazine loads in front of the grip is now considered an "assault weapon" and must be registered. Furthermore, these types of pistols are now banned for future sales within the state. Too bad for my husband!
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

So an UZI is OK, but the Pardini SP isn't?
May all your shots be "10's"
22shooter

Post by 22shooter »

No, there is a whole list of firearms that are banned including the uzi.
piotrp

Post by piotrp »

Back to your original question about cleaning Pardini SP - send an email to great folks from Pardini USA (info@pardiniguns.com, not associated, just customer) and ask for their Newsletter from November last year. It has excellent instructions for cleaning, including photographs.

piotrp
DigitalX

Re: Cleaning My Pardini SP for the first time

Post by DigitalX »

Just look on YOUTUBE. Pardini USA has many videos.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

It sounds like things are covered on YouTube. I made up a set of SP cleaning videos for the collegiate team I help coach, and have them posted there as well. Unfortunately, the university's lawyers won't let me make them public until I put a legal disclaimer on them. I need to figure out my video editing software to do that. If somebody would like to view them, they can send me a PM with their email. I can send them the disclaimer, and a private link. I'm hoping to get the disclaimer editing figured out over the holidays when the students aren't breaking things...
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

HI 22shooter.

Back in 2013 I purchased a Pardini SP New Bullseye edition and have used it continuously ever since purchasing it. I also shoot it a lot, attend up to 5 matches a week year round.

I shoot CCI SV in my Pardini and based on my ammo purchases, I go through between 2 and 4 cases of ammo a year. Doing the math, that translates to approximately 150,000 rounds that have been cycled through my Pardini.

And while I have streamlined the cleaning process with a bucket container holding all the tools, rags, cotton swabs, Gynecological Daubers (yes I use them to clean out back where the hammer is and the recoil buffer, they are available on Amazon), and rags, I am rather lazy in my cleaning schedule. Granted it only takes me ten or 15 minutes to clean but what can I say. I like competing a lot better then gun cleaning.

I have experimented with the cleaning schedule, done a couple of endurance tests, and determined that I can go to about 2,000 rounds fired before experiencing malfunctions due to lack of cleaning. When that has happened, I figure that so much debris has accumulated in the bolt above the barrel that it is hindering the bolt from cycling properly. Generally, the bolt will not retract enough to eject the empty shell and will not pick up the next round in the magazine. The bolt will then cycle the empty brass back in the chamber and the hammer will probably be cocked although sometimes it is not.

With that being said, I try and clean mine every 500 rounds. I do not get worried about it until about the 1,000 round mark and I can say that I have not had a alibi when following this schedule that was not attributed to faulty ammo.

You guys can go ahead and flame me all you want but this is what works for me.

For what it is worth, I have only replaced three parts on my Pardini, the Recoil Buffer I noticed was cracked so I replaced it along with the main recoil spring housed in the bolt. I checked the recoil buffer the next time I cleaned it and it was cracked again but I have not replaced it. It does not worry me since the pistol functions perfectly as is. The third part that I replaced is the plastic base for a magazine that cracked when I dropped it fully loaded on a concrete floor.

I know that Pardini USA is coming out with some new magazines that are all polymer or plastic in 5 round, 10 round, 15 rounds, and 20 round versions that should prove to be more durable in nature. Not sure if they are available yet but keep your eye on the Pardini USA website.

Regards,
Crankster
mteinum

Post by mteinum »

crankythunder wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:31 pm I know that Pardini USA is coming out with some new magazines that are all polymer or plastic in 5 round, 10 round, 15 rounds, and 20 round versions that should prove to be more durable in nature. Not sure if they are available yet but keep your eye on the Pardini USA website.
Available here in Norway, also 6 rounds mags. I bought one, primary used for "felt"-shooting (field) that's a nordic competition.

https://pardini.it/it/accessori/round-magazine/
First shot always results in good group. The others just don't follow
David M

Post by David M »

When should you clean it, simple, " about 10 rounds before it malfunctions".
You will get to know your pistol. Ther are multiple levels of cleaning from a wipe over to
a full strip and rebuild.
Wipe over and light lube every couple of shoots.
Main areas are build up in the breech area (wax,dirt and residue), clean when visible.
Build up in chamber of lead residue, scrub and clean chamber when bullet is hard to seat.
Annual, full strip and inspection rebuild.