Pardini Questions and Answers

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
j danielsson

Re: Pardini Questions and Answers

Post by j danielsson »

Well done, Gerard!
JFuller

Post by JFuller »

Hey Gerard looks good, looks like you made it just in time to compete in the George Hutcheon Hibernation airgun match this weekend in Richmond, BC.
PM me if you are going and we can meet up.
John
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Thanks, but I won't be shooting this weekend. I last competed in that match in 2013, and it was very difficult to do so, the rotator cuff injury to my right shoulder making every hold on target more painful than the last. I was actually surprised to make it through Sunday's portion. I've been through a couple of cycles of recovery and partial re-injury since. Just can't seem to get the shoulder fully strong. Besides not training at all due to that old injury (an awkward weight training moment brought it about), we're heading South, driving down the coast highway and back over the next couple of weeks. My wife would frown upon me pushing our departure back three days so I could shoot, even if I were in shape to do so. Not a lot of empathy for my old hobby coming from that direction.

But hey, have fun and shoot a lot of 10's!
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

Thank you for the brilliant info Gerard
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

You're most welcome. I've also slipped the breech seal out and replaced that, as mine was getting a bit flat looking. I did test with a sheet of tissue over the breech while firing and saw no lifting of the paper, but it was about time anyway to replace that tiny O-ring. We're going on vacation for the first half of November, but sometime after our return I'll dig in and see about replacing the remaining O-rings from the seal kit. I'll take more pictures of that, then, and share them here. Pretty sure most of this stuff is identical or very nearly so with the K10, so it'll be nice to have a bit of a tutorial available for Pardini owners generally.
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

An old but very useful post from Gerard, I used it as reference to replace a leaking cylinder seal on the air quill a couple of weeks ago and followed it to the letter and had no problems but today another one of my K12 cylinders started to leak in the same place, but because I understood how it all went together I did it differently. I held cylinder in a nice vice with thick tooling leather as safe jaws, released all pressure using the Pardini tool that comes with the K12, used a specially ground and edge smoothed and polished screw driver and undid the "O" ring retainer in the center of the plug, hooked out the old "O" ring with some stiff wire bent at the end, inspected and removed rubber shards of old "O" ring using blowing and a bit of tissue. I lubed the "O" ring and used the tackiness to stick it to the "O" ring retainer and carefully screwed it back in. All is good and takes only a few minutes when you have done it before. This saves mullering the pin driver holes if you have not got a proper pin drive spanner. I have put about 500 pellets a month through this pistol over the last five years as well as several hours of dry fire a week so the seals and pistol have done well but I've never lubricated the seal but will now.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Can anyone tell me if the second stage adjustment screw on the Pardini SP and HP are interchangeable?

Part 756 on the SP https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/produ ... ucts_id=42
Part 856 on the HP https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/produ ... cts_id=293
David M

Post by David M »

Being a conversion pistol 22/32 with the same frame and same trigger assy.
Then yes, they should be the same part.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

As they have two different part numbers and they are set screws with a spring loaded ball there may be a difference in the spring rates.

I would telephone PardiniUSA and talk with either Alex or Vladimir to confirm.

Cheers,

Dave
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

The screws are identical to each other.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

It’s quite weird that Pardini have chosen to give a whole new set of part numbers to the lower to be part of the 7**** series for .22 SP or 8***** series for the .32 HP. I would bet that all the parts in the lowers are interchangeable despite the “different” part numbers.

Bob
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Historically I imagine they had different rates for the different trigger weights.

I wanted to be sure they are physically interchangeable, so thanks.
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Just ordered one of these from PCP Tunes for a K12 cylinder, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I currently use a DIN to QD adapter and this seemed a little easier to use maybe.