How to sell your item. Pictures sell it faster!

Feel free to post for sale items as long as they are directly related to International type shooting
If you sell something, we would very much appreciate a donation of $5-10 either mailed to us or paypalled to us.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
Feel free to post for sale items as long as they are directly related to International type shooting
If you sell something, we would very much appreciate a donation of $5-10 either mailed to us or paypalled to us.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Spencer

Re: How to sell your item. Pictures sell it faster!

Post by Spencer »

As a registered used you can go to your original post and edit it (including edit the post's title), There will be a 'pencil' icon on your original post.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

Thanks. I assumed that I was always logged in. Perhaps that was my error.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

I still find myself unable to send a PM, even when logged in. I would like to have a tutorial posted on how to do a PM. Thanks, James Storm jamesestormmd@yahoo.com
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

James Storm wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:24 pm I still find myself unable to send a PM, even when logged in. I would like to have a tutorial posted on how to do a PM. Thanks, James Storm jamesestormmd@yahoo.com
I've checked your account settings and there's nothing unusual.

If you're trying to PM the writer of a post then, if you look at their details on the right hand side of the post, you will see the word "Contact" at the bottom. Next to that is a small balloon with 3 dots in it. If you click on that then you will get a "drop down". Clicking on that takes you to a ready-populated PM form.

If you are just trying to contact someone else then click on "Private messages" in the top right of the screen and then click on "New PM". That will take you to a blank form.

Remember that any messages you send will remain in your Outbox until they are read by the recipient.
LSAZF

Post by LSAZF »

So......
Its April 2021,
I have a couple small items I'd like to sell but I want to get off on the right foot here as it will be my first sale on this site.
The original links from the first post in this thread appear to be dead.

Is there an up to date protocol to be followed when posting a for sale ad or just go ahead with my description and attach a smallish size picture?

Thanks!
jlewis1129

Post by jlewis1129 »

November 2021 - Easy Steps to Create an Ad with Inline Pictures

Regarding pictures - I'm not sure why the moderators don't update this old thread, but I just loaded 5 pictures inline with my ad.
Basic steps to creating and ad are:

1) In Trading Post, click on "New Topic" to create your new ad
2) Enter your subject in the subject line
3) Enter your ad text in the box
4) To add pictures, drag and drop them from whatever folder you have them stored
5) As you drag and drop, they will appear in a list under the box where you entered your ad ("Attachments" tab becomes active)
6) You must click on "Place inline" to have the pictures show up below your text in the ad
7) Note that if you have more than one picture and want them to appear in a certain order, click on "Place Inline" after each drag and drop, or drag and drop them all and then click "Place Inline" in the order you want them to appear below the ad text
8) Use the "Preview" button below the ad text box to see what your ad will look like
9) Once your ad text and pictures are as you like them, click "Submit"

There are probably some limits on image file size and number of images you can attach, but I don't know what those limits are.
My images were all less than 500 kB each, I added 5 images, and the pictures look great online.
I hope many of you find this useful.

HAPPY POSTING !!!
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Please add a "sold" tag to your sale, so the post can be taken down when the sale is complete.

Please refrain from posting negative comments on sales.

If you are aware of an active scam, please post it in that thread.

If you have specific (negative) information, that you believe would help the buyer (or seller), please utilize the Private Message (PM) feature to let them know.

Positive comments are always welcome!

If you do sell something, please consider sending our host a monetary, "thank you," to help fund this board.