Centra Duplex sight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

devi

Re: Centra Duplex sight

Post by devi »

Hi all!

In my case, when I focus the front sight, the duplex ring becomes like an ellipse in diagonal, from left to right, the focus is not clear as in the pictures from other colleages in this post, I use a Centra antiglare also.

Anyone knows what I´m doing wrong, the duplex ring is 4.4mm, front sight is M18.

Thanksi n advance.
Hawkyork

Post by Hawkyork »

I have been using the Centra Duplex Vario rear sight for 3 months. I bought the larger adjustable ring version initially found the bigger ring size too large- the extra ring was too close to the rear diopter ‘ring’. Got the extendable lens hood ( Centra Spy) and now have almost infinitely variable rear ring size by moving it back and forth as I require as well as adjusting its diameter. I have no doubt the ring has helped reduce head positioning errors. I am not sure where the reported problems of the ring citing ‘acting like a pendulum’ came from but that is not my experience. It takes some experimenting to find the correct position fore and aft to produce an acceptable ratio of circles ( rear diopter, Duplex Vario, front tunnel and front foresight). Without doubt the biggest leap I have made has been finding the right foresight aperture size in a 22mm tunnel plus the Duplex. Small aiming errors are instantly apparent, although care must be taken to release on the perfect foresight/ target picture. 9s still occur but are rarer now and are mainly foresight error driven rather that head position- I can call the fall of shot with greater accuracy and the old ‘wild’ shots are extremely rare. Hope this is of help, I certainly recommend the extra ring, if you can afford it!
casiel1969

Post by casiel1969 »

Nice tip on that adjustable lens hood, official name is "Centra Lenshood II Telescopic" in case anyone else is trying to track one down. Darn hard to find but I got my hands on one, hopefully it'll help with tweaking the size just right. I was about to get a new front tunnel , glad you mentioned the 22mm helped with yours.