Great Experience

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bob-Riegl

Great Experience

Post by Bob-Riegl »

After being without my old Pardini SP for a dozen years ( I sold alot of my stuff when the Missus passed away(depression)), I just had the hankering for another one. At the time I had both SP & HP models and was quite happy with them. So I decided to spring for the bucks and contacted Pardini USA and met Emil Milev right off. It was a great experience and also to talk to one of my hero Rapid Fire gurus. Quite an accommodating gentleman as I had my gun selected in a matter of minutes. He also asked how I preferred the trigger set-up and after that discussion my SP Mechanical trigger was set for the minor problem of sending the gelt (Noo Yawk Term for money). The gun arrived in three days and I have never been happier. The new SP presents a greater degree of finish than previously, the newer machining and product presentation sure does outshine my older model in that respect. The grips are no longer the Morini style but an altogether new manufacture made by ? et fille. The trigger which is always the important feature has a nice crisp two stage, well designed for correct finger placement, sights are superb and now come with an adjustable blade. So far the gun is an "alles fresse"(eats all ammo from CCI SV through, SK, RWS Target Rifle etc.). Great gun and great experience dealing with our new Importer let's hope for the future and as far down the road as I can go. "Doc"
diathermic

Post by diathermic »

"Doc," Glad to hear you had a great purchasing experience and that you are happy with your new gun. Now, I just want to say you are in a great position of privilege to do a nice comparison between the Matchguns MG2 (which from your postings, I believe you own) and the new Pardini. I would be SO appreciative of your opinion. I do hope, however, that you wait a bit and shoot that Pardini lots and get comfortable with it before you sit down and write us an amazing comparo. There are a lot of 1st week experiences out there, but not very many "long term test" reviews, especially comparative ones. Acknowledging this would still be one man's opinion, it would be a huge asset to our forum!

Best regards, and happy shooting!
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Diathermic - it would likely serve you well to spend some time with the "search" feature on this site. I've owned a fair selection of standard pistols and have made a number of posts comparing them. I no longer own a Pardini SP (had an SP-E) but my CF gun is an HP-E. I've standardized on the MG-2 for rimfire events, particularly Rapid Fire.

One thing to always keep in mind when reading comparisons on here is that one mans trash is another mans treasure. Many here love the Pardini SP. I found it to be 'so-so' for MY needs. Your mileage WILL vary. The best thing you can do is to borrow one of each and try them out, then buy the one you like. If you can't do that, buy one of each and try them. It won't cost you much to sell the one you don't like since these pistols tend to hold their value pretty well.
Beevo

Mg2

Post by Beevo »

I have all but paid off my first pistol... An MG2.
I did a reasonable amount of research but despite mixed reviews the MG2 stood out as an original and well thought out design.
Some early posts depicted flaws but the supporters indicated good support and problem solving by the manufacturer. I would not expect it to be perfect straight up...
I still see top level competitors using them so I am happy with my choice. I just have to wait for our Queensland (Aus) regulatory system to process my applications.
It is sad that there are not more reviews and information online so I fully intend to post vids and reviews when I can.

I am so intrigued with the art of the design that I just want it to succeed.

Go MG2!