4H shooting project book

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Ray Odle

4H shooting project book

Post by Ray Odle »

Illinois is still working out the kinks on allowing shooting. They are working on creating a shooting project book.
Can anyone suggest a project book for rifle (pellet and/or firearm) from their state that Illinois can take a look at?
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Ray Odle

Post by Ray Odle »

Thanks for the help.
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

Ray if you need help message me - I do alot with our youth 4-H locally in Colorado both on a County and State wide, as well as, USA shooting locally. Colorado's 4-H shooting book was just slightly modified.

The gist is that the kids enroll in one discipline and do a project for that discipline and record book. Then they attach supplemental pages for each additional shooting sport they do. So i.e. my son shoots .22 Hunt/Scope/Sporter, Air Rifle Utility/4P/3P/Olympic Off Hand, Air Pistol, and Compound Bow Traditional but will pick one piece - say air rifle, will do a project or project board for that discipline and record book, but then will add the .22, air pistol and archery score supplemental sheets.

This makes it so when reviewed at County the kids can qualify for state in the shooting portion in any/all of what they signed up for, but when the project/record book are evaluated those winners also go to State fair. So a dual purpose.

Let me know if I can help.

Gregory
MauserP08

Post by MauserP08 »

Ray, here is another example from NMSU. I hope this helps out.
Sid.
Attachments
4-h-shooting-sports-rifle-recordbook-forms.doc
(322 KiB) Downloaded 234 times