spotting scope

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Perry_w

spotting scope

Post by Perry_w »

I have seen this scope in a post, Champions Shooters Supply 12-36X (S-C50A). When using this scope at 10m can the whole target be viewed with out moving the scope? the club scope my son has been using has to be moved after shooting half of the target.
Last edited by Perry_w on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Sure .... just don't zoom it all the way in ... I think about 15X-18X is pretty good ... all the way out and they can easily see two side by side
Perry_w

Post by Perry_w »

My son was given a CC 542 spotting scope! Now we need to get a stand. Price is a big factor. Any suggestions? How about plans to make one? Or scaled photos of a head. The pole and base are a no brainier.
WRL

Post by WRL »

I bought a Ram Mount clamp I ordered from Mount Depot for about $22. You also have to buy an arm and a camera mount which you can attach to your scope for about $15 as I recall. I like this better than the scope head mount I got from Champion's Choice. The arm rotates on a ball and gives almost unlimited elevation and side movement.

http://www.themountdepot.com/RAM_B_121B ... -121bu.htm
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Good Scope

Freeland Tripod. Need the 2 extra poles.
You can see them on the Champion Shooters Supply website.
http://www.championshooters.com/store/p ... 283&page=2
(to me the bipod stand is a bit more apt to get knocked over with the scope up high)

A normal camera tripod works too, but is a touch more difficult in positioning to make sure you do not interfere with shooters next to you ... but it works fine and is a bit more stable if you ever shoot outdoors.
(Or go with the 1" pole version of the tripod stand, but it's very pricy)