IZH-35M Parts ?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mlocke

IZH-35M Parts ?

Post by mlocke »

I am a new member looking for a trigger bar for an IZH-35M. Tried EAA they said they had one and would ship, got a call 4 days later and said they didn't have one. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks mlocke
tuj

Post by tuj »

EAA is notorious for saying they have a part in stock and then flaking. With EAA not importing the Izzy any more, parts are getting very hard to find.

I hate to say it, but depending, you might be better off picking up another izzy for parts.

Hopefully someone here can chime in. If not, you might want to take your query over to Rimfire Central in the Russian section.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

The problem is that the gun has been out of production for years, and it was not made out of the best metal to start with, imo, unless you want to spend many dollars and hours of gun smithing send it to a good home and get something you can fix if need be. I have a friend with 4 of them and He shoots a lot, the problems start at around 1500-2000 rounds of use , look forward to the gun starting to double shots due to the soft metal of the bolt and chamber, broken firing pins and a host of other issues that await anyone who uses them a lot.
tuj

Post by tuj »

GunRunner is right, the izzy is made from soft metal and will eventually start doubling even if you do not dry-fire it. Mine probably made is 3000 or 4000 rounds before doubling and it is a '99. Supposedly the later years of import like '02 have better metal.

The EAA fix for the doubling issue is to mill a relief cut in the breech face. This is probably not a permanent fix for the issue, but solves it for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I love the izzy. I think its one of the best target pistols out there for under a grand, but it certainly has its share of issues and now a shortage of parts as well. The ironic thing is that the gun IS in production in Russia, its just not being imported.

Might be worth considering a Benelli MP-90 or a Model 41 as a replacement.
mlocke

Post by mlocke »

Thanks to all who replied! I have a friend who also shoots the Izzy, he had an extra trigger bar that he will let me use. He would like it replaced so I am still looking for one or two. I do have a SW41 that I shoot also,but hate to have something that won't shoot.

Thanks again for the replies
ML
patro5

izh - 35 parts

Post by patro5 »

I believe there is new updated model of this pistol available, so there should be spare parts available for them.
GunRunner

Re: izh - 35 parts

Post by GunRunner »

patro5 wrote:I believe there is new updated model of this pistol available, so there should be spare parts available for them.
nothing on there web site about anything new like them, only shotguns and defense pistols. In the USA anyway
patro5

izh - 35 parts

Post by patro5 »

I would suggest checking the larger European gun shop sites, they would be the first to receive any new models and parts thereof.
JamesH

Re: izh - 35 parts

Post by JamesH »

patro5 wrote:I believe there is new updated model of this pistol available, so there should be spare parts available for them.
There is a new model, I've seen two samples, it was on the website for a while but not currently.

It has recoil damping as the FWB AW93, although the mass seems much smaller, and a hinged bar which retards the slamming of the slide onto the breech and prevents rounds rising above the chamber.

Otherwise it seems basically the same, except maybe better finished.
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

montster

Parts available in Canada

Post by montster »

I have heard people talk ata couple of matches that someone in Canada has been importing parts. When pushing for more information I could not get any details so maybe it is not happening.

Anybody know of this?
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

nice gun, but that is dated a year ago and still nothing about weither it will if ever be imported into the usa.
bgcalarson@yahoo.com

EAA IZH35M

Post by bgcalarson@yahoo.com »

I have the doubling problem also. Someone mentioned milling a relief in the breach face. Any details on that? It has been a great gun for over 10,000 rounds.
tuj

Post by tuj »

Send your gun to EAA and they will fix the doubling problem.

/viewtopic.php?t=31475
Leon

Post by Leon »

There was a post ( and pictures ) awhile by an IZH35 owner who cured his doubling problem by simply pulling a 1/2 in plumbers O ring over the front sight block onto the barrel - so this acted as a buffer to the slide...

Maybe worth a go....
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

I tried to solve the doubling problem with the O-ring without success. The problem was fixed when I increased the headspace by machining the bolt face.