INFO WANTED Weihrauch HW 60 M .22 lr target rifle 22

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Tanktrek

INFO WANTED Weihrauch HW 60 M .22 lr target rifle 22

Post by Tanktrek »

Does anyone have any information on these rifles.

Weihrauch & Weihrauch GmbH & Co. HW 60 M .22 lr target rifle 22

Ron
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

Beautiful rifles from the German company Weihrauch. More popular are their airguns. Most German target shooters seem to prefer the Anschutz and Walther over Weihrauch.

But, they can hold their own when it comes to accuracy (if the shooter does their part).

I like their lines (of the stock) and would like to buy one, however, they don't make a LH bolt and a LH stock is extremely hard to find.

If you can get one at a good price, scoop it up as you will not be disappointed.
Tanktrek

Weihrauch & Weihrauch GmbH & Co. HW 60 M .22 lr targ

Post by Tanktrek »

I am currently looking into buying one. It looks almost like a 1813 but without the swept back bolt handle.

Do you know what their web address is?

Ron
yana

Post by yana »

Weihrauchs web address?
www.weihrauch-sport.de

You dont see the HW60 very often. Its more considered a 'jagd-match'(hunting-match). Its not yr best buy for serious targetwork I think. Not accuracywise, but at 3.85k its just too light. Also, no sights available, no front sight, thats the hardest part. Also, no adjustable stock or buttplate.
But they áre good lookers for sure..
Tanktrek

Weihrauch HW 60 M .22 lr target rifle 22

Post by Tanktrek »

yana

The one I am looking at buying looks very similar to a Anschutz 1807.
Must be a earlier model.

Thank you for the Web address.

Ron

Post by Guest »

I have a brand new in the box one...incredible test target at 50m...what would you like to know..call me at 909-262-6476 if you like...Jonathan
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Anonymous wrote:I have a brand new in the box one...incredible test target at 50m...what would you like to know..call me at 909-262-6476 if you like...Jonathan
oops,forgot to log in...comes with Anschutz 6802 sight set
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Chuck was a bit wrong. It's Anschütz and Feinwerkbau who dominate the national market.
The smallbore rifles by Diana, Krico, Walther and Weihrauch are either discontinued, or are not taken as seriously. Any used Weihrauch match rifle is at a value between 100 and 250 Euros, on the German market. You may argue that they are worth more...

Alexander
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

Yes, Alexander you are correct in today's circles. I slipped as Walther was more popular than FWB back in the 70's when I was in HS.

Anschutz, FWB, Walther, or HW, the gun itself (new or old) can still shoot better groups than I.
panomon

Re: INFO WANTED Weihrauch HW 60 M .22 lr target rifle 22

Post by panomon »

Though this is a way late post, my apologies, I have a great near pristine HW60M LH Match Stock with a RT hand action orientation that I may want to part with. This would need a HW60M or replacement bolt to complete it though. Barrel is nearly pristine as well and it has the post target trigger. Any body out there care to venture into a value for this configuration. I read that a LH Match stock is a bit of a rarity!
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Without a bolt, the value will take a massive hit; a new bolt is expensive, and second hand bolts don't grow on trees. You may be better off splitting up the remainder for spares.
Last edited by Tim S on Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard144

Post by Richard144 »

I have an HW60 and shoot it often. I also have anschutz 1907. I am just a club shooter but in prone the HW will shoot right alongside the anschutz. The anschutz is a little nicer but the HW was a lot lot less money and came with sights. Many times people think my HW is an Anschutz but it really looks most like an FWB 2000. The HW is a very nice rifle for someone who shoots at the club level. Nice trigger and accurate. HW is a company that is still in business and makes airguns and pistols as well. There airguns are some of the best as well. You should be able to find parts for them even if you have to get them from Germany. For parts I would try EEA first.
Rick B.
panomon

Post by panomon »

Have searched around and there are no spare bolts out there and EEA seemed be no help. I'd like to see how it shoots. Would the current series of 60 66 HW bolts be compatible and serve as replacements in the 1988 HW60M that I have?
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

panomon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:09 am Have searched around and there are no spare bolts out there and EEA seemed be no help. I'd like to see how it shoots. Would the current series of 60 66 HW bolts be compatible and serve as replacements in the 1988 HW60M that I have?
If Weihrauch assemble their rifles like other German manufacturers, bolts aren't fully interchangeable. There is unusually a degree of handfitting to set the headspace. In practise a random bolt will fit the receiver, and may engage the trigger (assuming the catch geometry didn't change), but headspace may or may not be correct. There's something like 0.003in between Go and No-Go, which really isn't a lot. A little excess can be taken up with a shim, but that's not option for an over-tight combination. In this case your ammunition choice is limited, or you need a gunsmith to ream the chamber(re-chamber and refit the tenon).
panomon

Post by panomon »

Thanks Tim - Good information to know. I will be on the lookout for a RH 60 or 66 0r 660 bolt since the condition of the gun otherwise is like new, never shot. I'll hold on to it for the time being and keep searching. It's a cool LH stock with hardly any handling marks for an 88'. Everywhere I read it is an accurate shooting model.
panomon

Post by panomon »

I am still on the search for a bolt for my HW60M LH stock RT hand bolt. Have searched and the dealer for Weihrauch 22lr in the US in Texas has not been willing/able to process an order for me though I have contacted Weihrauch directly and worked out the correct series 60 bolt to order. Any other avenues to point me in to complete this nearly new condition rifle?