Domino .22 pistols

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

PhotoSHO

Domino .22 pistols

Post by PhotoSHO »

does anyone have any experience with the Domino OP601 in 22 short.

Where does one get parts or additonal magazines?

thank you,
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

A gun that shoots 22short is legal foe bullseye but can only be used for a gallery match at 50 feet because it loses bullseye accuracy beyond that distance. I don't think the 22 short cartridge is legal for any of the international events anymore although it used to be the standard for international rapid fire. Isabel
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

Isabel1130 wrote:I don't think the 22 short cartridge is legal for any of the international events anymore although it used to be the standard for international rapid fire. Isabel
Correct, .22 Short pistols are no longer legal for ISSF events.
Last major event where the .22 Short was legal for Rapid Fire
was the Athens Olympics in 2004.
fc60

FAS/Domino Parts

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Try the factory...

http://www.dominoguns.it/fas/

Also, contact Neil Stepp...

http://www.iss-internationalshootersservice.com

Cheers,

Dave
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

a 22 short pistol can be lots of fun to practice with if your primary shooting is done on a 50 foot range, or if you have one lying around from past days when they were used for International rapid fire, but most people opt to get a 22lr pistol for bullseye because they will eventually want to shoot the thing at both 25 and 50 yards, the standard bullseye distances. The majority of matches are held at that distance. My friends tend to call the 22 short pistols "expensive doorstops" but the are being a little harsh. I asked about the possibility of converting one that I saw to 22 long rifle but I guess that is a pretty expensive proposition and not really worth it. Isabel
PhotoSHO

Post by PhotoSHO »

Thank you to all that have replied. I saw one of these on the web for $1000. Had a slight interest and the pistol looks to be in great shape. I didn't realize that .22 short was illegal to shoot in NRA bullseye. Not only would this be just a collector toy but also pretty expensive to shoot compared to .22 LR. The problem is the collecting of .22 target pistols, fun stuff there.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

"I didn't realize that .22 short was illegal to shoot in NRA bullseye."

It is not illegal for NRA bullseye. It is just that 22 short will not hold a good group beyond 50 feet or so and bullseye is a precision game. No one wants to handicap themselves by using it in a match when many 22lr pistols are for the most part bullseye accurate right out of the box. If all you want to do is shoot indoor galllery matchs,at 50 feet, then the gun will be fine however the 22 short guns have lost a great deal of value due to the fact that the only events they are legal for, they are not really suitable for, relative to the cost of a different gun.