Frame Crack H S Victor

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

fortyluv

Frame Crack H S Victor

Post by fortyluv »

On an early (Hamden) Military Victor:
Anyone have any experience with a gunsmith being able to repair a right side frame crack by welding or...
fourarmed

Post by fourarmed »

I don't know of anybody doing it. I bought an old Hamden Victor that had a crack, and shot it for several years without any problem. This year I took it apart and noticed there were now 3 cracks with two of them on either side of the ejector. I sent it to HS in Houston for a new frame. They went through it, replacing all springs, putting it on one of their stainless frames, and returned it to me with a new magazine for about $400. It shoots and functions as well as it ever did (the chamber is badly pitted, which causes occasional failures to eject) Most of my magazines work in it, and the new ones are OK as well. I know the buzz about them, but I can only say that my experience was very positive. The slide does extend back farther than the new frame by about .050", but that is cosmetic.
fortyluv

Cracked frame

Post by fortyluv »

Thanks fourarmed.
hill987

high standard

Post by hill987 »

I have had them do some work for me as well and was pleased with the results, but there are some on here that like to bad mouth them.. I go by experience not naysayers