Pardini SP & CCI SV?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Stephen51861

Post by Stephen51861 »

I did not have any luck at all with CCI in my two Pardini's. I use RWS Rifle Target exclusively. WIth the exception of RWS 50 at Camp Perry this year. I did not do well but the pistol did its job just fine. Yes, RWS is a bit more expensive but I like the way the gun works when fed RWS.
waxman

Post by waxman »

bebloomster said,
On a 50 yard slow fire target the 10 ring is aprox 2 3/8" diameter
You meant approx. 3 3/8", right? (Actually 3.36")
zoned

Post by zoned »

I got curious and tried CCI SV. The CCI round is visibly longer than other cartridges which function normally, but my mags held it okay. I did have a few misfires with the SV which were caused by the round not fully seating into the chamber. I suspect the length of the bullet may have less to do with it than inconsistent bullet diameter. Possibly, a stronger recoil spring would provide a little extra push to nudge the bullet into the rifling. A spring that is too stiff might not allow the bolt to cycle back far enough to cock the hammer, though. Have any of you experimented with different springs, or a second shorter/stiffer booster spring added to the guide rod? CCI SV has proven to be accurate and the cost per year is certainly a lot less than other 22lr, so this might be worth sorting out.