Pardini SP & CCI SV?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bebloomster

Pardini SP & CCI SV?

Post by bebloomster »

Within the next couple of weeks I'll be turning in my S&W Model 41 membership card and switching to a Pardini SP. I've a couple cases of CCI SV on hand and just wondering if the two might go together well. Of course the real answer will be when I actually have the pistol and can try it to see.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

When using a filet mignon pistol why shoot hamburger ammo? "Doc"
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

At least one of our group has had good results from Ransom testing in his Pardini with CCI SV - certainly much better than most of the big$ ammunition.

Particularly with 25m ISSF pistols, price (and reputation) is not a guide to your best personal pistol/ammunition/accuracy/$ balance.

In the Australian vernacular, suck it and see.
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

Bob-Riegl wrote:When using a filet mignon pistol why shoot hamburger ammo? "Doc"
Living on a "grilled cheese for dinner" budget would be one reason. Just can't afford the over 10 bucks a box ammo with any regularity.
rifal

Pardini Ammo

Post by rifal »

I own a Pardini and had problems with the pistol malfunctioning using CCI SV. The CCI SV cartridge OAL is too long for my Pardini mags to function well. I switched to SK and the problem was solved. Measure the OAL of various .22 ammo and you will find a difference,european ammo is shorter. This was pointed out to me by a former olympic pistol shooter who shoots a Pardini.
Last edited by rifal on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

Which flavor of SK? Inquiring minds want to know !!!
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I could not use CCI SV ammo in my Pardini SP. Aguilla SE SV functioned reliably but I finally opted for Wolf MT or the SKJagd PM.
rifal

ammo

Post by rifal »

I've used SK Pistol Match and SK riflle Match with great results in my Pardini.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yup - CCI SV won't fit in a Pardini mag. So I'll stick to my MG2 :-) Lovely stuff, SV, don't know why people think it won't shoot. Just put 20'000 in stock...
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

Used a borrowed Pardini SP at the weekly 50' Indoor League tonight. Not sure what vintage it was but probably 10 or more years old. Was marked Nygord Precision Products on the frame. CCI SV ran just fine in it. Hopefully my 2009 model will do the same.
ifldned

what is acceptable groups at 50 yards with ammo

Post by ifldned »

I'm new to bullseye, what is acceptable groups at 50 yards off a benchrest with 22lr ? I get 1.25 inch to 1 inch with Eley Tenex shot through a Hammerli 215S and 1.75 inch average with Wolf Match. With Eley Sport I get 2 inch groups or just over. I'm using a Ultradot scope and have yet to resort to mounting a 10x and over target scope on my pistol.
ifldned
ifldned

what is acceptable groups at 50 yards with ammo

Post by ifldned »

I'm new to bullseye, what is acceptable groups at 50 yards off a benchrest with 22lr ? I get 1.25 inch to 1 inch with Eley Tenex shot through a Hammerli 215S and 1.75 inch average with Wolf Match. With Eley Sport I get 2 inch groups or just over. I'm using a Ultradot scope and have yet to resort to mounting a 10x and over target scope on my pistol.
ifldned
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

On a 50 yard slow fire target the 10 ring is aprox 2 3/8" diameter and the X ring is right at 1 5/8" diameter.... take your pick as to what is acceptable for you.

Post by Guest »

After huge headaches over stove piping, I recently tried CCI Green Tag in my Pardini. Works like a charm. It does fit tightly in the magazines, but it feeds fine when the cartridge is all the way in the back.
customs954

Pardini SP NEW

Post by customs954 »

I have been shooting my SP NEW for about 6 months, maybe 6000 rounds through the gun. I have found that CCI ST worked just fine, have never had a failure in over 3000 rounds of that. Recently got some Federal Gold Match, about the same cost as CCI, a bit shorter and actually I think maybe more accurate in my gun than the CCI. RWS pistol works great as well but a bit pricey. Lapua club works pretty good quite accurate but the only ammo so far that has caused stove pipe, about 1 in 200. Actually I have found that overall you can't beat CCI ST for price and reliability for practice in my SP. I agree that they are longer, but this does not sem to be an issue with my gun. On the other side My FAS 602 and 607 only seems to like RWS, the CCI definitely causes issues with those guns. All in All CCI pretty good bang for the buck.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

I had a Pardini SP (not New) and now a SP1 RF, and both consume SK Standard Plus and CCI Standard Velocity perfectly.

Stan
tenex

Post by tenex »

In my gun (2002 SP), plastic box CCI Std Vel has the same accuracy and reliability as RWS target. The velocity of the CCI is just a little higher however. At over $200 more a case, I'd be hard pressed to justify RWS over CCI in my gun. The paper box CCI was quite a bit hotter, from what I understand it is made in the Federal factory, not CCI.

Attached are the chronograph results of the ammo I had on hand to try. I was hoping Eley sport would work, but I had several light strikes and failures to fire, I assume due to lack of complete return to battery on the previous shot.

Anyway, It seems to work fine in my gun. I'm always sure to load the shells pointing up in the magazine, I think if I just tossed them in nose down I might have a problem.

Steve.
Attachments
Ammo test.xls
Pardini Ammo Test
(13 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

tenex wrote:The paper box CCI was quite a bit hotter, from what I understand it is made in the Federal factory, not CCI.
Yes, some of the paper box CCI SV was indeed assembled by Federal. There is a real easy to tell the difference though. If the plastic piece that the cartridges are in is clear plastic and does not have legs then the cartridges were assembled by CCI. However, if the plastic piece is sort of milky white and had 4 legs than the cartridges were assembled by Federal. You can also tell by the lot number begins with a letter then the cartridges are CCI, if it begins with a number then they are Federal.

This information was in an e-mail response from CCI Customer Service when I asked about it. It applies ONLY to the paper box CCI SV.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I could not get reliable functioning of my Pardini Sp with CCI SV ammo. My PArdini SP functions well with Wolf MT, SKJagd, RWS Target and Aguilla SE SV ammo. In contrast my former Walther GSP and GSP Expert would digest anything that was fed.
Last edited by TonyT on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssauer2004

Post by ssauer2004 »

I used CCI SV in my GSP Expert for all my practice rounds last season. I never had a malfunction. I would use SK Standard Pistol for my matches. The only complaint I have with the CCI ammo, is the wax lubricant they put on the rounds. I find that I have to clean the pistol more with the wax being introduced to the pistol. I have since switched to Eley Sport for practice.