2.1lb Trigger vs 1.6lb on .22 Bullseye Pistol

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Mass Shooter

2.1lb Trigger vs 1.6lb on .22 Bullseye Pistol

Post by Mass Shooter »

What a difference 1/2 lbs makes on the shot break.

My two bullseye .22 pistols exact same models (1) with a 2.1lb Trigger the other a bit lighter at 1.6 lbs. .... The 1.6 lb is so much sweeter!

The 1.6 trigger like snaping a thin rod of glass. (Original as purchased)

The 2.1 lbs feels like a roll setup (Trigger work by LGI)

I like them both but sure wish competition rules were a bit more open for Trigger weight.

Oh well, just thinking while in-between work assignments at emloyment.

Think X's

M.S.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

It isn't the trigger. It is your technique. There are many people that shoot their 45 better in slow fire than their 22 with the 3.5 pound trigger. I am one of them. What you are probably doing is holding the gun up too long with your 22 as it is taking you longer to get the shot off and your wobble is increasing before it breaks. If your shot is not breaking in the first three to five seconds with both guns you have held the gun up too long. As an experiment shot a gun with a really heavy trigger for 10-20 shots before you pick up your 22 with the 2.1 pound trigger and see how much faster and better your shots break. Isabel.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

Yes, your assessment is correct Isabelle, that is something I continually work on to perfect. At times I do hold much longer than necessary and at other ttimes the shot breaks with a surprise.
I've been focusing my practices mostly on Timed-Fire relays for Trigger control. ..... Squeezing ever so gently and with constant pressure always gives me satisfied results.

Think X's
tenex

Post by tenex »

I'd just shoot the gun with the legal trigger and be done with it. I shoot the same brand gun in Bullseye and air pistol and shoot about the same slow fire groups with either (although I like the heavier .22 trigger a bit better).

I think you need to take some time to get used to a trigger, and going back and forth between guns with very different triggers probably won't make life any easier.

What kind of gun are you shooting?

Steve
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

tenex wrote:I'd just shoot the gun with the legal trigger and be done with it. I shoot the same brand gun in Bullseye and air pistol and shoot about the same slow fire groups with either (although I like the heavier .22 trigger a bit better).

I think you need to take some time to get used to a trigger, and going back and forth between guns with very different triggers probably won't make life any easier.

What kind of gun are you shooting?

Steve
Steve,

the (2) .22LR bullseye pistols are each a UNIQUE DES69

M.S.
tenex

Post by tenex »

Mass Shooter wrote: Steve,

M.S.
That's a neat gun. I've always wanted one, but they're not very common around here. Can you bump up the light trigger? I don't know a lot about the DES adjustments.

Steve.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

tenex wrote:
Mass Shooter wrote: Steve,

M.S.
That's a neat gun. I've always wanted one, but they're not very common around here. Can you bump up the light trigger? I don't know a lot about the DES adjustments.

Steve.
Yes, the trigger weight is fully adjustable and is already scheduled to local smith after Camp Perry is over. There are some pretty good detail instructions found on Pilkguns and other websites as well that show exploded views and all adjustments.

I shot the 2lb'er yesterday evening and getting the feel for it better. The UNIQUE's are built like Bradley Tanks, and functions with whatever ammo you feed it. .... Been averaging between 285-275 with it quite regularly. My main focus on practice sessions are "timing" and steady "finger pressure".

M.S.