S & W 67-6, Landmines

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Fountain

S & W 67-6, Landmines

Post by Fountain »

I just saw a S&W 67-6 in a pawnshop. It has some scratches on the right-hand side, but otherwise looks okay. The D/A trigger pull is heavy; single action is "K-frame action". Asking price is $390. Is this a good price?

I saw something on this forum about a weakness in the barrel. What should I look for to see if it's been overloaded?

Thanx,
Fountain
Rover

Post by Rover »

Early M66 & 67s had stainless sights. Very difficult to see well. The one you're looking at is a later model.

There have been many, many thousands of the K frame guns made. There is nothing wrong with them and if anything they set the standard for revolver quality.

A problem with many is that they have a constriction in the bore where they are screwed tightly into the frame. This can cause accuracy problems with cast lead bullets. This can be lapped out and isn't a problem with jacketed bullets.

The price sounds a little high. Offer $300 and see if they bite.
Fountain

S & W 67-6, Landmines

Post by Fountain »

Thanx a bunch!

My neighbor has an old Blue Book that listed prices:
100% -- $395
98% -- $320
95% -- $225

I'm not sure this comes-up to even 95%. I'm thinking about offering him $250 -- tax, tags, & title included. He can always say no. There's a real chance someone wants the gun more than I do.

Thanx again,
Fountain