Cleaning Your BullsEye Target Pistol

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Mass Shooter

Cleaning Your BullsEye Target Pistol

Post by Mass Shooter »

When cleaning your prized posession bullseye pistol:

Just curious what cleaning procedures seem to be most popular;

Do you always clean from the breach towards the bore?
Do you always clean from the end of the bore towards the chamber?
PatchWorm or Bore-Snake?
Conventional Cleaning Rod with patches?
Brass or bronze bristle brush & how often used?
Hoppes #9 Yes or No

Insert your own cleaning technique

M.S.
2650 Plus

NRA Match pistol cleaning

Post by 2650 Plus »

The 1911 I found that keeping the chamber clean during a match was cery advantagous. The barrel could get through the full match and carsful cleaning of it could wait until I got home..The 22 only needed to have the bolt {the moving part ] cleaned and lubricated and the face of the barrel srubbed during a match.Back to the 1911, I kept mine well lubricated as I believe that the only oil that was excess was what dripped off my elbow. Good Shootng Bill Horton
Rover

Post by Rover »

Clean from the breech with a rod and patches on the end of a jag.

Use a bronze brush (not stainless) for light leading and stubborn fouling.

Hoppe's won't remove copper very well, but cleans the rest just fine. I just use $3.00 a quart government surplus bore cleaner.

Bad leading is easily removed by wrapping a few strands of ChoreBoy pot scrubber (copper) around an old bore brush and scrubbing a bit.

Wipe-Out foaming bore cleaner will remove copper fouling.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I swab the rear end or barrel and breech face with a Q-tip soaked in Hoppes#9. The only items going through the barrel besides the bullet is a patch on a length of 15 lb nylon monofilament. I have never used a brass brush or rod on my 22's. I believe that procedure was reecommended by both Lou Lombardi and Don Nygord.
kle

Post by kle »

Clean chambers (bronze and nylon chamber brushes), clean cylinder face, clean breech face, clean frame window, clean muzzle crown...and that's it. I don't bother with cleaning out the barrel. I might use some sort of solvent on the surfaces, but this is mainly for cosmetic reasons.
ssauer2004

Post by ssauer2004 »

I usually clean my GSP Expert every 500-700 rounds. I always use a nylon brush and coated rod from breach face out toward the muzzle. I never bring the brush back through the bore in the opposite direction. Was told by a good source that if you can't find an actual copper bore brush, then only use nylon.