NRA points

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

SMBeyer

NRA points

Post by SMBeyer »

I finally saw the scores of the NRA Conventional Pistol Sectional that I shot in back in March. I won 3rd place EX and received 5 NRA points. What are these points for? Scott
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Congratulations, Scott!

The points are like cash when used to purchase anything from the NRA. However, I always use mine to pay my entrance fee for the next match. The club sponsoring the match then sends them to the NRA as payment for the NRA fees or uses them to pay awards to shooters at their matches.
Ben
Misny

Post by Misny »

Congratulations on your shooting achievement. I just want to add that some companies will take NRA Award points as cash (1 point= one dollar) when making purchases. Champions Choice, Champion Shooters Supply and Gil Hebard come to mind.

Post by Guest »

Anyone just happen to know if expired points can be revived? Discovered I had forgot about some, and they're past the "use by" date. Have to pin them to my shirt next time, I guess!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Most guys use the points to pay match entry fees.

If the match director will accept them you're in business.

Of course, if they've been hanging around for 20 years it may be a different story.
Misny

Post by Misny »

Anonymous wrote:Anyone just happen to know if expired points can be revived? Discovered I had forgot about some, and they're past the "use by" date. Have to pin them to my shirt next time, I guess!
Although they have an expiration date, in fact, NRA award points do not expire. For someone who never wins any, I seem to know a lot about them. [LOL]

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your thoughts on the expired points. I don't win much either, but those entire FIVE expired points were bugging me. <grin>
TomAmlie

Tom

Post by TomAmlie »

One of the problems with the points is that they might get recycled several times over the years. You get some, use them to enter a match, the match director awards them to someone else who uses them a few years later for match fees, where they again get awarded to a new recipient, etc., etc. I've received some that were already expired by the time I got them.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

As Misny said, NRA award points really don't expire. As I recall, when they first started putting expiration dates on them it was for bookkeeping reasons only, as they were required to keep cash on-hand for all "unexpired" outstanding points and they found that this cash holding requirement was just getting too large.
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

Thanks for the info guys. I will be using them at our next match. And who says you can't make money at pistol shooting! Add that to my $3 for winning a slow fire match and I'm almost ready to get a new pistol!! thanks, Scott