ultra dot tube vs ultra dot holo

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

david wong

ultra dot tube vs ultra dot holo

Post by david wong »

which is most preferred in top level matches?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

The Tube version.
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

I don't shoot at top level matches but I do use the tube version.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

i actually use the halo lt and like it a lot. i have several and like the size and perceived weightless ness of something so small . the low profile sits like i'm using iron sights
marvelshooter

Post by marvelshooter »

I go along with Richard on this one. Around New England at least the tube rules.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

I have used some holo sights and basically on the ones I have used---I have difficulty finding the dot. This becomes a frustrating problem in shooting timed and rapid or 10 & 20 second stages. I have moved from a 1" to a 30mm tube sight for that very same reason---it's easier to find the dot. And my vision is 20/20 in both eyes courtesy of cataract surgery and astigmatism correction courtesy laser---so I only need an iris to aid in shooting. "Doc"
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I can't imagine shooting with the holo in the rain. With the tube you can put extenders on it and keep the water off the lens. Also I have heard the holos are hard to adjust to make on the line corrections for lighting and distance. A holo might be fine for indoors in most cases but outdoors I think the tube rules for a reason. Isabel