215 hammerli red dot scope choice

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

david wong

215 hammerli red dot scope choice

Post by david wong »

I've been out of shooting for some time and would like recommendations for a red dot scope and scope base for my 215S Hammerli. I don't know whether to go with a tube scope or holo. Also I am confused about choices between Magore,Larrys Guns and Knapp scope bases. I would be grateful for all advice. There is a Magore base made for a 208. Does the 215 Hammerli fit this model base also? Most parallax for pistol scopes is set to 50 yards, does the Ultra Dot,Sightron,Aimpoint etc.etc. have a advantage at 25 yards. And what has the most clear optics. I live in California and there are many firearms dealers in my area but none seem to have anything that I use. Thanks for your insights. dave wong
Rover

Post by Rover »

I use an Ultradot on my .22 and it's merely OK. I have BSA red dots on some air guns and they seem equal for a lot less money.

I can't help you on the mounts.

The only good advice I can give is: Learn to shoot with iron sights. It makes the gun lighter and you can move to International Pistol with no problems.
david wong

iron sights

Post by david wong »

the iron sights on the 215 hammerli are the best I've ever seen. And I like to shoot iron sights. Just thought I'd give the red dots a try . Also I need a scope for ammo testing.
thanks for the advice
dave wong
GOVTMODEL

Re: 215 hammerli red dot scope choice

Post by GOVTMODEL »

david wong wrote:I've been out of shooting for some time and would like recommendations for a red dot scope and scope base for my 215S Hammerli. I don't know whether to go with a tube scope or holo. Also I am confused about choices between Magore,Larrys Guns and Knapp scope bases. I would be grateful for all advice. There is a Magore base made for a 208. Does the 215 Hammerli fit this model base also? Most parallax for pistol scopes is set to 50 yards, does the Ultra Dot,Sightron,Aimpoint etc.etc. have a advantage at 25 yards. And what has the most clear optics. I live in California and there are many firearms dealers in my area but none seem to have anything that I use. Thanks for your insights. dave wong
I believe Larry's mount is designed by Dave Knapp. Larry can tell you if it will fit the 215 (I think it does.) Among the Camp Perry type shooters the Ultra Dot line dominates.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

I would mount on a Ultradot Match-Dot with a BME mount base.

Google BME Mounts and you will find a nice selection of custom bases for all types of bullseye setups.

M.S.
david wong

BME mounts

Post by david wong »

Thanks for the lead to BME mounts. I like the way they look. Do alot of competitive shooters use them?
dave wong
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

BME sells a lot of mounts, and he's been to Camp Perry many times.