My Pardini SP .22 doesn't like eley tenex red...

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

snakeeater

My Pardini SP .22 doesn't like eley tenex red...

Post by snakeeater »

Anyone have comments regarding the subject?..It loves wolf/Sk, but is real weird to load with tenex red?..>Help please...
Thanks,
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Unless you're shooting 595 plus stick with the SK.
snakeeater

Pardini/Ammo issues

Post by snakeeater »

JamesH wrote:Unless you're shooting 595 plus stick with the SK.
Thanks James,
I think until I break 2600, I will stick with SK/RWS...it feeds fine..The Tenex red shoots tight at 50 yards (slow fire) but is problematic in timed and rapid fire...might just shoot the tenex at 50 and the other @ 25 ..
All the best!
Snakeeater
Tampa,Florida
GOVTMODEL

Re: My Pardini SP .22 doesn't like eley tenex red...

Post by GOVTMODEL »

snakeeater wrote:Anyone have comments regarding the subject?..It loves wolf/Sk, but is real weird to load with tenex red?..>Help please...
Thanks,
Are you using the flat-nosed TENEX or TENEX Pistol? The flat-nosed version does not work well in Pardini pistols. Bert Brookes, previous Range Officer at he Customer Range, told me the that was the reason for the TENEX Pistol product being introduced.
david wong

pardini doesn't like eley

Post by david wong »

it seems to me like Eley ammo fits the barrels and chambers with very tight to snug clearances and the lube on them is thicker coated that wolf and sk. The lube on sk and wolf seems slicker than the dryer lube on eley letting the wolf/sk feed easier on a semi-auto pistol. I use both ammos on bolt action benchrest rifles so I can detect the difference fairly easy. Feel fortunate that your firearms shoots ammo that costs $6.50 a box instead of $18.00 a box.
dave wong
mstuhr

Post by mstuhr »

Hi Snakeeater,
Mine has fail to fire issues when I use Aquila SV and some of the Eley is made and lubed the same. When the gun feeds a round the bottom of the bolt/slide rakes the next round in the magazine. This flakes the wax lube and the flakes rub off in the chamber area when the round is fed keeping the round from fully chambering even though the bolt/slide is fully closed.
When the hammer falls the firing pin pushes the round the rest of the way into the chamber but results in light strikes from time to time.
This might be what you are seeing. It goes away with Wolf,S&K or RWS.
Good luck
Mike