IDENTIFING HAMMERLI 208

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ebrem

IDENTIFING HAMMERLI 208

Post by ebrem »

Hello

I am looking at a Hammerli Intermational and I am told it is a 208.
I thought the 208 would have a roll mark 208 on the slide to identify it.
I also think I remember the early 208's were roll marked Hammerli International, so Please I need some help to clarify this.

Would there be anywhere on the frame or slide that may have 208 marked. Or is the 208s the only 208 in this family that is marked as such.

Thank You and any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Contact these people and describe the pistol. They can tell you what you have
http://www.rocosystem.com/
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Many Hammerlis are only identifiable by the serial number and the exact specification. I've never seen a 208 that was inscribed as 208. Post a pic and a serial number and we can tell you what it is.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

208: front sight blade mounted in upswept, ribbed projection, which is the same width as the ribbed strip along the top of the barrel. Early versions have a rounded front lower corner to the trigger guard and trigger adjustment limited to weight and 'backlash' (=overtravel). Later ones have a squarer guard corner and more trigger adjustments.

215: almost identical to the 208, but said to have an inferior finish (still seems beautif ul to me). Main distinguishing feature is that the front sight blade is mounted onto a full-width upsweep of the barrel.

Look for the manuals and other info. at http://www.australiancynic.com, although I don't think Spencer has the manual for the early 208 (but it's the same as the 215, except as previously described).

My early 208s is marked 'International', without the '208', as you suspect.