Trailside ejection problem

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

rogersdan

Trailside ejection problem

Post by rogersdan »

Recently my Trailside began throwing the shells directly back in my face rather than out to the side. Have stripped and cleaned it, can't seem to find anything unusual but can't resolve the problem. Never have had a problem like this with any of my other pistols. Any ideas on what is causing the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks, DR

Post by Guest »

Did you inspect the extractor?
rogersdan

Post by rogersdan »

I removed the slide and the extractor - didn't see anything unusual. The bluing on the working surface of the extractor is wearing thin, but nothing broken or worn in any unusual way.
landb

Post by landb »

had a simular problem with my ruger the casing was ejecting off thr magizine lip. ajusted the mag. and it fixed the problem. Try putting a empty case in the chamber insert a mag. and close the slide and open it slowly and watch the case to see what is ejecting off of.
landb

Post by landb »

had a simular problem with my ruger the casing was ejecting off thr magizine lip. ajusted the mag. and it fixed the problem. Try putting a empty case in the chamber insert a mag. and close the slide and open it slowly and watch the case to see what is ejecting off of.
rogersdan

Post by rogersdan »

Thanks for the suggestion. Ejecting a spent shell might give me a better idea of the problem. However, I don't know how I can adjust the Trailside magazine because it's made of hard plastic - there is nothing that can be bent. Also, I have a couple of magazines and it happens with each one of them.

DR
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

When I've seen this happen with other pistols, it's sometimes been due to a weak recoil spring - the slide is slamming back and throws the cases straight up.

You could email or call Larry's - http://www.larrysguns.com/

I don't own a trailside any longer, but when I did they were helpful these sorts of questions.