Outdoor time...load suggestions using WST 165gr and 185gr

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Outdoor time...load suggestions using WST 165gr and 185gr

Post by Guest »

Hi.

Have you any suggestions for WST load for .45 1911 at short line and 50 yards.

I was planning on using swc 160gr at short line and 185gr long line.

What load differential would let me keep the same red dot sight adjustment?

I have been using 185gr with 4.0gr WST indoors with a 9 lbs spring non slide mounted red dot.....the spring is a bit light but the gun has just been re barreled and is still a bit tight

Thanks for any suggestions
hill987

Post by hill987 »

it's easier to shoot one bullet weight and one load just adjust scope up 5 clicks at 50 down 5 for short line most everybody does this ' I have for years Make a mark on the scope so you know the 25 zero
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I use 4.4g of Titegroup over a 185 grain jacketed hollow point at the long line and 3.7 grains of Clays over 160 grain Valiant at the short line and for the indoor season. Titegroup is about the same as WST so the same 4.4 would work. I am a little concerned that you said you did not have a slide mounted dot but still are using only a 9 pound spring. That is extremely light even for a slide mounted dot, I have a frame mounted dot and a 13 pound spring which is perfect for no refires and also not so much differential between my loads that I am banging the snot out of my frame at the long line, Before I went to the Valiants I ran a slightly hotter load at the long line and the short line with a 14 pound spring in my gun. You have to be very careful with the seating depth of the 160 grain bullets or they will not feed well in your gun. Isabel.