suction cup for merit eyepiece

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mstuhr

suction cup for merit eyepiece

Post by mstuhr »

Hi Folks,
Has anyone had any luck rejuvenating the cup on a Merit eyepiece?
Brownell's used to list the cup but I just checked on line and cant find a listing for them.
It is wanting to fall off my glasses.
I figure someone around here might have the recipe to soak it in something to bring it back to life.
Thanks
Mike
zoned

Post by zoned »

Attaching the Merit aperture to a Behr jeweler's loupe allows vertical and lateral adjustment, and the assembly can be used on the right or left side of glasses without modification. Email me if you want a PDF describing how it was made. It's also listed in the Free_Pistol forum files.

Finprof

Post by Finprof »

Both Champion Shooters Supply and Champions Choice list replacement cups. I ordered one about a month ago from the one that used to be Freeland's but they were out of stock. The other one lists it in the catalog as well, but I don't know if it is in stock.

Why can I never remember which one is which?

I still have the written insert that came with the Merit disk that says you can buy a replacement for $1.50.
mstuhr

Mobil 1 transmission fluid

Post by mstuhr »

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the replies.
I soaked it in Mobil 1 transmission fluid and gave it a good flexing before I wiped it off. It seems to be good again. I don't know how long it will last.
I E-mailed Merit and did not get a reply.
Zoned's solution looks like a nice one. I might give it a try if this thing acts up again.
Thanks
Mike