1911 grip mount - left hand side

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Brian James

1911 grip mount - left hand side

Post by Brian James »

I wonder if anyone can suggest a LH grip mount for a 1911.

Why I want a grip mount: I own a Marvel Limited Custom, and don't really want to drill holes in it. I'm trying to sell it, but until I do I'd like to try a grip mount on it. I have other 1911 with a frame mount.

Brian
hill987

Post by hill987 »

hi I have a right hand grip for sale. But I would like to see the gun maybe i could buy it

Post by Guest »

I have and have used a Clark Custom grip mount. It replaces the left grip panel. To make it secure, you should drill and tap two additional screws into the grip frame. These holes will be hidden once you replace the grip panel thus the handgun's appearance is not altered. Here's a link of one I found on the Internet.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =148918031

If you are interested, I will sell mine to you. It is a solid mount and it worked well for me.

Post by Guest »

By the way, while you don't have to drill the 2 additional holes, you should custom fit the inside of the panel with the frame with epoxy to keep the grip mount from shifting. You may get frame rub though from this mount and any grip mount.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Guest - thank you for the offer to sell me yours and please contact me with the pricing.

I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Brian