HAMMERLI 208S QUESTIONS ?????????

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ebrem

HAMMERLI 208S QUESTIONS ?????????

Post by ebrem »

A friend of mine has a Hammerli 208s and is selling it. I am interested.

I am not that familiar with this gun can anyone make any suggestions that may be helpful to look for that is specific to this gun.

Thank You
Misny

Post by Misny »

They usually hold up well to a lot of shooting, so they hold their value. I would check the slide stop notch to make sure that it isn't worn excessively. Make sure that the sights are in good shape. It should come with a spare firing pin and spring. Make sure that the breech face isn't excessively battered. I would be careful how much I paid, if it doesn't come with a lot of accessories. Magazines cost around $100+ the last time I looked. Knapp scope mounts cost around $150. They usually shoot most target grade ammo well, both in the accuracy dept. and the function dept.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

To add to what Misney said, if the gun has a dot on it now, make sure there are also irons with the gun.
To replace the irons on this gun is around 250.00. If it does not have them it should be priced accordingly. Also check the magazines. The older style magazines have a metal base, as I understand it those mostly come with the 208. The 208s usually comes with magazines with a plastic base. If you get mags with a plastic base you need to buy some new metal bases from Larry's guns and replace the plastic bases as soon as you can because they break too easily and you don't want that happening during a match. Isabel