IZH and Airguns fo Arizona problems

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

magi

IZH and Airguns fo Arizona problems

Post by magi »

I posted this in shooters forum and am reposting it in bullseye, if that isn't kosher please take either out, thanks...magiHello,

I bought an IZH-46 M from Airguns of Arizona in November and it quit cocking after about 150 rounds. Airguns said they would warranty it and I sent it in. I recieved notice they had it on Dec 7th. After a long delay they said they were having trouble getting parts from Baikal and would ship me a new one. But I still haven't recieved any shipping notice and it is January 15th. When I called to inquire they kept putting me on hold from 2:30 P.M to 3: 17 P.M.
I would like to know if my experience is abnoraml or if others have had problems both with the IZH and with Airguns of Arizona.

Any feedback? Magi
magi

Resolved? a used pistol for my new one? oh well...

Post by magi »

For anyone interested, Aiguns of Arizona has shipped me another used/ supposedly as new customers pistol that had been repaired for the same problem. Jarrod said they had two new ones left but they were disignated for customers. I would have hoped that after 7 weeks they would have sent me one of the new ones and had a new customer wait for the next shipment.
I have now paid $450 dollars for a used pistol that they are now selling for $350. I feel a bit frustrated and angry but at least I will have an IZH to shoot and any other resolution could take months more since they can't get parts. I hope the word spreads through the airgun community on this one. I would be interested in your comments, thanks, magi
magi

It just got worse !!!

Post by magi »

I recieved the pistol today, there is rust all around the barrel crown, along the full length of the bottom of the barrel, (hmmm good analogy) and in the grip screws. I tried to shoot it...with the front sight to the right of center and the rear sight to the left of center it still shoots to the right!
If I wasn't so upset it would probably be funny...I am sending it back tomorrow (they are paying freight) and I have asked for a refund. magi
joseywales

Post by joseywales »

I am looking at the 46-M and warranty is a big concern for me. Baikal is imported by EAA. I have an EAA that is the first brand new gun I've bought in 20 years. The finish is excellent and the gun is very accurate. Foks have complained about EAA, but their service has greatly improved. Just not sure that EAA in Flrida handles the air pistols.

There is a fella who sells them for about $400 delivered, which includes a stainless valve, improved seals and a 1 year warranty parts/labor. Unless I get a huge deal used, I think is the way I'll go.

I won't list the company, because I don't know the forum regs on that. Feel free to shoot me an email and I'll provide the info.
rogersdan

EAA

Post by rogersdan »

I purchased one 18 months ago, had a strange problem with it and sent it to EAA (not the seller) who repaired it quickly and at no cost. I know that info doesn't help you with Arizona, but for future reference.