Benelli Pistols

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

BorzoiDad

Benelli Pistols

Post by BorzoiDad »

I am considering the Benelli MP95E in .32 for Bullseye. I talked to Benelli USA and found these guns were never heavily imported. What is thier reputation and can I expect any kind of reasionable support?
Isabel1130

Re: Benelli Pistols

Post by Isabel1130 »

BorzoiDad wrote:I am considering the Benelli MP95E in .32 for Bullseye. I talked to Benelli USA and found these guns were never heavily imported. What is thier reputation and can I expect any kind of reasionable support?
http://www.larrysguns.com/Departments/N ... BFont.aspx

Yes, Larry's guns carries them and you can get good support from Larry Carter. If you have any questions about them he would be the guy to ask. Isabel.
visitor

Post by visitor »

BenelliUSA only knows about shotguns and 9 mm pistols. They could have had 24 carat gold on their hands and not known what to do with it if it wasn't made into a shotgun or a service type pistol.

They're fine guns and Larry can give you all the support you'll ever need.
jbshooter

MP90S World Cup

Post by jbshooter »

I recently purchased a used one of these in .32S&WL for ISSF centrefire. Whilst the trigger is not as nice as my Hammerli 280 it is more accurate and consistent than the 280 (no flyers). The heft or balance of the Benelli is closer to the hand because the slide grips are closer to the grip. I have had to buy new firing pins and springs through the loacl Beretta/Benelli agent and the service and pricing were both excellent. The Benelli fires lighter loads that aren't strong enough to cycle the action in my 280 (down to 1.2gr 310 with 100gr HBWC).
BorzoiDad

Post by BorzoiDad »

Thanks guys, I went ahead and purchased the MP95
stipo

mp95

Post by stipo »

I just bought a used one to try for the Master's. Came with a set of Nill grips adjustable, large size.....I'd like to see the guy they used for the "large" pattern. He must be about 5 foot nothin'!
I have very large hands. The grips have three finger grooves, and the first two fingers of MY hand leave about 1/3 of the last groove available.
Is there a custom grip company who doesn't charge a gozillion bucks for their product?
Hogue doesn't make them, but for OTHER stuff you can trace your hand and they'll build grips to fit......
Thanks, Stipo coach@flashback-theband.com
Spotmonster

Post by Spotmonster »

I've been shooting a Ruger for a lot of years now and have worked my way up to the high master class at our indoor league. since making High Master 2 years ago I have since struggled and my average has dropped, currently around 277. One night I showed up at the range to drop something off and found out it was a match night, since I didn't have my gun, a fellow shooter let me use his Pardini SP. Well I shot 2- 289's that night, and have used it for 7 matches so far averaging 286 with it. I had shot a Pardini before and was not impressed, but the 2 stage trigger set up on his, along with his grip mods really fit me nice. I've started looking to purchase one but I can't come up with $1800 right now. While looking on Larry's site I saw the Benelli's and they looked very similer to me. The price on the MP95 is much closer to what I can mangage right now. Even in doing so I will have to part with a few guns. But I have never seen or shot one. is it very similer feel and weight to the Pardini? It is clear to me the grip on the MP90 is more what I'm looking for but can't afford the 90 right now. I understand the difference between 90 and the 95 is grip and trigger assembly but can't find prices on those 2 parts. Nor do I know the difference betwen the trigger assembl'y. can anyone advise? Would I be making a mistake to puirchase a 95 with plans to change it to a 90 later? The other reason i'm considering it is so I can end up with a "chrome" MP 90, as I prefer that look and finish and it looks as though the 90 isn't available in chrome.

Anyway, thanks for any advise. It may also help other reading this thread.
rayg_3

Post by rayg_3 »

I purchased a used Pardini SP last year and a friend of mine purchased a Benelli 95 that has some 90 upgrades. We switched pistols one night and I was very surprised at how heavy and weight forward the Benelli felt in my hand. It seems to be solid steel out front where the Pardini is alloy. The weight felt alot like my HS Trophy with the 7"bbl but with a really nice grip. The only things they seemed to have in common are good grips and triggers (upgrade from the 90)....RayG