Adding Weight Using Magnets

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

DaFont

Adding Weight Using Magnets

Post by DaFont »

Hello,
I had a paper miss last night with my FWB-AW93. This never happened with my Pardini or Benelli. My sense is that the front of the FWB is light. I would like to add weight to the front of the gun. Although there are stick on lead weights I could use I'd like the idea of using a heavy magnet so it would be removable/adjustable. Has anyone tried this? Are there any ideas out there? Has anyone developed a weight system for a FWB-93?
Thanks
DAF
Peter Skov

Post by Peter Skov »

Yes,

Guntex in Denmark has a system.
It is a weight for mounting on top af the gun.

Otherwise, try wheel-balancing weights, the has a tape-strip on them for easy adding, and removal.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

a few shooters I knew tried this during the 1980s - the main trouble was that the magnet tended to also attract any stray iron/steel items and scrap...

in the worst cases, the pistol became magnetised (my bulk eraser for wiping magnetic tapes got a bit of use to solve this)
Bruce10x

Weights on AW-93

Post by Bruce10x »

I just bought a setup for my AW-93 from Brenzovitch in TX. It is an annodized lower rail (Blue-"Sport" rail to replace factory lower). It is drilled and tapped for a weight set. I added 4 50gm eights and it really settled the gun!

Bruce