New to TargetTalk...

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Howard_c

New to TargetTalk...

Post by Howard_c »

This is my first post on TargetTalk. I shot Bullseye 20 years ago with a Model 41. As I got older priorities changed and I sold the pistol and started a family. Well, the itch to at least shoot casually has returned, and being a left handed shooter I have been looking around for a nice used 41. It seems the majority of the guns on the line when I was competing were Model 41's and Victors so these guns were my focus. I ran across an ad on the one of the forums for a Browning Medlaist with Left Hand factory target grips. Not being familiar with this gun, I did some research and was impressed with what I found. I went ahead and made the trade and look forward to getting back into the game. My gun was made in 1968. It's not prestine but the insides are good and I'm sure it will shoot accurately way beyond my ability. I'll try and post a picture and I look forward to reading the knowledge shared on this forum.

Howard

[/img]
Attachments
Browning Medalist Left.jpg
Browning Medalist Left.jpg (49.37 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

NICE!!!
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

Welcome to TargetTalk.
As time permits you will find some very interesting topics in all the arenas here. We have some very distinguished & accomplished shooters here.
The Smith 41 is a classic, as are the Brownings, High-Standards, Rugers, they will perform nicely under the best of the brands. Congratulations on your Browing Medalisit and getting back into competitive Bullseye.

M.S.
steyrlp10

Post by steyrlp10 »

Welcome -- nice pic!
Shooting Bloke

Post by Shooting Bloke »

I have never seen timber in front of the trigger in that shape before. Is it unique or have others seen this?
Howard_c

Post by Howard_c »

The forend can be removed and replaced with one of (3) wieghts if the shooter so desires. So far, I like the weight and balance of gun as is.

Howard

Post by Guest »

congrats on the Medalist Howard., it's a great gun although not a lot of fanfair in the BE world. I shot BE with mine back in the day about 30 years ago and still use it for indoor sillohetts now. I too am shooting BE again and loveing it.Good luck and enjoy the gun....bob v
jpsIII

Browning Medalist

Post by jpsIII »

The Medalist is a truly beautiful firearm...one that was far out of my reach back in my High Standard S-101 days. Don't drill any holes in it!
Best, --j (88 slow fire tonight; don't ask about the rest!)